172. Financial Stewardship – Part 1 // Laying the Foundation
What does God’s Word say about finances? How do we know how to steward our finances well? Financial stewardship is important to the Father so it should be important to us too. Tune in to part 1 of a 4 part series as Caroline and Colby lay the foundation as to why they are talking about it and share what they want you to take away from the series as well.
Luke 11:13 “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
Genesis 13:2 “Abram was
very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.”
Why Are We Talking About Finances?
- The Lord wants to give you financial freedom through financial stewardship
- It’s important
- Biggest struggle in church is finances
- Jesus talked more about money than he did about Heaven and Hell combined.
- We need to normalize talking about money
- Are there places of your heart that need to be healed regarding finances?
- The issue and topic of money is a heart topic
- Hoarding, saving too much, withholding the tithe are all examples of a deeper heart issue that needs to be healed through inner healing
Poverty vs. Prosperity
- It is an ungodly belief and a lie to believe that Poverty is from God and Prosperity is from the devil
- It is NOT God’s will for anyone to live in poverty.
- We need to shift our mindsets to know that poverty is from the devil and prosperity is from God
- You cannot separate the provision of God from His nature of provider.
- Deuteronomy 28
- To say “I just want God’s presence, I don’t want anything from Him” you are rebuking God. You’re saying He is wrong to give good things (prosperity over finances, etc.) to His children.
- God wants you to prosper in all things!
- Jesus did not lack.
- We need to know the nature of God
Truths We Want You to Take Away
- God is your provider.
- God is a rewarder.
- God is a good Father and He blesses His children.
- God gives generously.
- God wants to bless you financially so you can be a blessing and be generous to others.
- Everything that you have belongs to God.
- God wants you to prosper in all things.
- Poverty is from the devil and prosperity is from God.
- The topic of money is an issue of not what is in your bank account or what isn’t but what is happening in your heart – how you steward money is a reflection of your heart
- Write down all your beliefs about money and financial stewardship
- Invite the Holy Spirit in and ask Him to reveal the lies you are believing
- Be expectant that how your situation looks today will not last forever because you are going to get breakthrough and receive financial freedom!
“Jesus talked more about money than He did about Heaven and Hell combined.” – Caroline Harries
“If Jesus talked about money, then we should talk about money.” – Caroline
“An education in money does us no good if we don’t know what the Bible says about it.” – Caroline
“The topic and issue of money is an issue of the heart.” – Caroline
“God wants to bless you so that you can bless others.” – Caroline
“Everything that God gives to you is for others.” – Caroline
“God is good and He wants the very best for you.” – Caroline
“Prosperity is a blessing from God and poverty is a curse for disobedience to God.” – Colby Harries
“Many people have an ungodly belief that poverty is from God and prosperity is from the devil.” – Caroline
“Jesus modeled generosity and that is the heart of financial stewardship.” – Caroline
“Poverty is not God’s desire or design for you. That is a lie from hell. Prosperity is God’s heart for you.” – Caroline
“Poverty is not your identity. You are who God says you are. You are blessed and provided for.” – Colby
“Poverty and lack is not who you are, it’s something that you are going to overcome through the truth of God’s Word!” – Colby
Financial Freedom Episode 95
Reaping What You Sow Episode 170
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram: Instagram
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook