103. Kimberly Hazlett // Life with Holy Spirit
Kimberly Hazlett is a worship leader and artist. Whether she is leading worship at a public event or writing new music, she lives to bring people into an experience with God’s presence. Kimberly is also a mother, wife and author of Heaven Made You, which is based on her popular music album by the same name.
Tune in to this episode as Kimberly shares her testimony, including how she got radical healed, what it looks like to do life with the Holy Spirit, encouragement for moms and more!
Deuteronomy 4:29 “But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find Him if you seek Him will all your heart and with all your soul.”
James 3:13 “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.”
Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him and by his wounds we are healed.”
- Kimberly works in ministry with her husband, Bob, who was also a guest on the podcast.
- Kimberly also teaches piano.
- Kimberly and Bob work with Ascend Academy.
- Kimberly grew up in a Christian home where Jesus was central. Her dad was a pastor.
- Kimberly started working in ministry at a young age.
- Kimberly grew up in a Pentecostal-Spirit filled environment.
Practical Ways on How-to Walk-Through Life with Holy Spirit
- Be intentional about keeping your heart, ears, and eyes open to and looking for God.
- Be aware of some who might need your love.
- When God speaks, He knows how to touch the right spot and say exactly what we need to hear.
- Moments like doing laundry, dishes, etc. are great opportunities to converse with God and be open to His voice.
- God is always available, so there is always an opportunity.
- If you show up, He’s there.
- The more we spend time with God, the more we understand that He is generally for us and He knows what He need at any given moment.
- He knows what we need when we need it.
- Even when you don’t feel like you’re hearing God, He is still speaking. The more you practice hearing God, the more likely you are to hear His voice.
- Even when you don’t actively feel His presence, you have to know because of His character He hasn’t left you.
- Keep pursuing God because if you seek Him you are going to find Him.
- God can overcome our busyness, but we have to meet Him halfway.
- God speaks to us all in different ways.
Wisdom and Encouragement for Mothers
- As a mom, the best thing you can do is have a vital relationship with God.
- Look for opportunities in moments.
- Let your conversations evolve and allow God to be the center of your family.
- All of life, at the core, is God. Everything revolves around Him.
- There is practical wisdom in the Word. Teach your children how to find wisdom in the Word.
- Apologize to your children when you make mistakes.
- God gave us children as our priorities.
- We need to make sure our children know that they are loved by mom and dad, but they are loved by God way more.
- Always direct them back to God.
- In order for our children to be wise, they need to see a wise example.
Testimony of Miraculous Healing
- Kim was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, TMJ and she suffered from severe headaches. Kimberly was also walking through secondary infertility.
- Kimberly walked through this battle for 6 years.
- Kimberly connected with God during this time and pulled on Him for strength.
- Kimberly attended a revival with her husband, and they went forward to receive prayer.
- Kimberly heard the Holy Spirit tell her to ask Him for her healing.
- She felt the power and presence of God came over her and she was forever marked by this experience.
- God miraculously healed Kimberly of her fibromyalgia, TMJ and headaches.
- A year after this healing experience, Kimberly gave birth to her second child.
- Some children deal with nighttime terrors. Kimberly’s Lullaby CD have helped children in the specific area of nightmares and nighttime terrors.
- Kimberly taps into God through her music and God’s peace flows to Kimberly and through Kimberly into her music.
“God gives us our giftings so that we can share them with others.” – Kimberly
“100% of the time God is available.” – Kimberly
“When God speaks, He knows how to touch the right spot and say exactly what we need to hear.” – Kimberly
“God is always available, so there is always an opportunity.” – Kimberly
“God is available, we’re the ones who make ourselves unavailable.” – Caroline
“The more we spend time with God, the more we understand that He is generally for us and He knows what He need at any given moment.” – Kimberly
“God knows what you need, when you need it.” – Kimberly
“When God comes through and you receive breakthrough, you now have a story that no one can take from you.” – Kimberly
“When you get your breakthrough story, you will never be the same. How can you stay the same when the God of the universe miraculously heals you?” – Kimberly
“It’s not just about you being physically well, it’s about you receiving the desires of your heart.” – Kimberly
“He is a generous God and He daily loads us down with benefits.” – Kimberly
“God sometimes takes a long time to do something quickly
“If there is a battle that is allowed in our life, we don’t have to understand the reason behind it; but we can be 100% sure that is for some reason God didn’t stop your battle immediately, He is going to use that experience in your life to make you stronger.” – Kimberly
“Sometimes you will receive victory in an area and then the enemy tries to come for that very same area. You have to remind yourself and remind the enemy of what God already did and how faithful your God is.” – Kimberly
“As you tap into God’s peace, you can be a peace carrier.” – Kimberly
Bob Hazlett | Ascend Ministries
Heaven Made You: Lullabies for Parent and Child on Itunes
Heaven Made You book by Kimberly Hazlett
Take Me In on Itunes
Instagram – @wordslikeahoneycomb
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram: Instagram • Facebook
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook
Instagram • Facebook
Thank you so much for having me! It was so sweet to revisit this episode today
Blessings on this community!