Adalis Shuttlesworth is the visionary behind The Mighty Series, which was birthed out of prayer in 2013 when she discovered that the world needed better versions of Bible stories for kids. She recently self-published three graphic novels with a goal of sharing the raw unadulterated Word of God to the next generation. Adalis has been in full time ministry for more than a decade with her husband Jonathan Shuttlesworth. They are the founders of Revival Today and together they’ve traveled the world teaching and preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Prior to Revival Today, Adalis attended Zion Bible School and served as a youth leader for a church in the Boston suburbs. She was born and raised in Framingham, MA. In addition to her pursuits of expanding The Mighty Series Collection, Adalis leads the annual Radiance conference for women, hosts The Adalis Podcast weekly, is a guest speaker for Revival Today Live on CTN, and co-hosts Vidotionals, a video devotionals series with her twin sister Magalis Griffiths.
Tune in to this episode as Adalis covers the topics of overcoming fear, the power of community, tithing and prosperity, raising children in a spirit-filled home and her testimony of overcoming a near-death experience.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world the He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Malachi 3:8-9 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse-your whole nation-because you are robbing me.”
Deuteronomy 30:19 “This day I call the heavens and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.”
Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Proverbs 22:6 “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
- Adalis was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Adalis was saved when she was 15 years old.
- Adalis was called to evangelism.
Revival Today Ministry
- Started in 2007.
- Revival is right now.
- In 2020 they started a broadcast called “Check the News”.
- Their ministry is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- You can find their ministry on social media, youtube and podcasts.
- In 2015 Adalis experienced a miscarriage which sent her to the hospital.
- Adalis had a near-death experience while in the hospital.
- This experience caused Adalis to realize that she was not fulfilling God’s calling on her life.
- When we experience fear, we often go into a fight or flight mentality.
- We have to recognize that it is a spirit of fear and we have authority to tell it to go.
- Fear is a tactic that the enemy uses to make you run and hide.
- Fear will strip you from believing the word of God.
- Fear will convince you out of the will and word of God.
- Fear is at the root of everything.
- It will be hard to overcome fear if you don’t know God’s Word.
The Power of Church and Community
- Being part of a church is a mandate from God.
- Going to church is basic Christianity.
- We go to church to gather with other believers and give thanks to God.
- There is strength in unity.
- Who you are around is going to determine how much you’ll grow. You’ll become what you are around.
- Find people with like minds who are chasing after God with you.
- The higher you go in your relationship with God, there is going to be less people up there.
Tithing and Prosperity
- Jesus didn’t lack anything.
- Jesus did not glorify poverty.
- Poverty is anti-the spirit of God because God is the most generous person.
- God gave everything He could give.
- God hates lack. God always provided.
- There’s never lack in the kingdom of God.
- If you can’t trust God with money, how can you trust Him for a miracle of healing in your body?
- You aren’t going to be able to do what you are called to do without money.
- You can believe for an increase.
- The promise of God is activated by your simple obedience.
Raising Children in a Spirit Filled Home
- The Mighty series
- There is no junior Holy Spirit
- When you teach them the word of God, you are making a deposit in their spirit and they will eventually grow into that spirit.
- All it takes is 10 minutes a day.
- Make it fun and make it real.
- Communication with your children is powerful
- From the ages of 0-5 it is imperative that you saturate your children with the Word of God.
- Teach your children the way that they should go.
- It takes diligence and practice.
“God meets us right where we’re at.” – Adalis
“When you activate your faith, God really does respond.” – Adalis
“Revival sparks something inside of you that gives life to your faith and fuels the fire.” – Adalis
“Fear will strip you from believing the Word of God.” – Adalis
“Fear will convince you out of the will and the Word of God” – Adalis
“It will be hard to overcome fear when you don’t know God’s Word.” – Caroline
“The Word works!” – Caroline
“Who you are around is going to determine how much you’ll grow.” – Adalis
“If you are walking with the Lord, and the people around you aren’t, it’s time to get new friends.” – Caroline
“Poverty is anti-the spirit of God because God is the most generous person.” – Adalis
“There’s never lack in the kingdom of God.” – Adalis
“A person without money is a person who is not going to move forward.” – Adalis
“You aren’t going to be able to do what you are called to do without money.” – Caroline
“If it’s not in Heaven, it’s not here.” – Caroline
“There is power in you forbidding something.” – Adalis
“The decisions that we make have an impact on the generations that come after.” – Adalis
“What God tells you to do is no small thing.” – Adalis
“The devil is out for our children.” – Adalis
Podcast – Adalis Shuttelsworth Podcast
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group