112. Questions and Answers
You submitted your questions and today I am answering them. From the vaccine to marriage, infertility to generational sin, tune in to another question and answer episode!
Romans 4:17-18 “As it is written: ‘I have made you a father of many nations. ‘He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not. Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”
Exodus 20:4-6 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.”
Jeremiah 32:18 “You show love to thousands but bring the punishment for the parents’ sins into the laps of their children after them. Great and mighty God, whose name is the Lord Almighty,”
Psalm 91:1-16 “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Revelation 13:17 “So that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.”
Hebrews 12:5-7 “And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?”
I loved your devotional book. Are you planning on writing another book?
- Caroline wrote a book called “In Due Time”.
- Head to Caroline’s website to get 10% off using the code acupfullofhopepodcast10
- Caroline is planning on writing another book.
Have you shared your salvation story? How did you meet Jesus?
- Caroline shared her story in episode 3 of A Cup Full of Hope Podcast
- Caroline did not grow up in a Christian home, but her neighbor took her to church when she was in middle school.
Growing Older in the Wait
What are ways you don’t let your age cause you to give up hope the older you get?
- We have to go back to what God’s Word says.
- Who told you that?
- Ask God for a solution.
- Ask God what He says over your situation.
- Take ahold of scripture – what does God say in His Word about your situation?
- What are you strengthening in?
- There is an invitation to renew your mind with truth.
What are your thoughts about generational sin?
- Inner Healing breaks the power of generational sins.
- Generational sins can last up to 4 generations.
- You will have to break the power of the generational sin
- It is not too late to break the curse that has been put on your generational line.
What are your thoughts regarding the covid vaccine?
- The vaccine should be a choice for each person and each family.
- Why do you want to get the vaccine? Out of faith or fear?
- There has been so much fear from Christians in regard to Covid19
- Turn off the news and get in the Word of God.
- God will give you wisdom on whether or not to get the vaccine.
- What and who is your hope in?
What are your thoughts if your work is mandating the vaccine? What do you do about that?
- It is not the government or our workplace’s job to protect our health. It’s the government’s job to protect our rights.
- We have to look at everything that is happening in the world through the lens of what scripture says.
- Scripture tells us that there will be a day when no one will be able to buy or sell unless they have the mark of the beast.
- What we are seeing now, we have to keep in context of what we know is coming.
- If we don’t stand up for our rights and freedoms now, when will we?
- The Holy Spirit will give you wisdom and direction on what to do.
- The God of provision will show up.
How do we discern God’s correction and discipline from the enemy’s attacks of tearing us down and discouraging us?
- What kind of earthly father did you have?
- When we don’t know who our heavenly Father is, we project our earthly father onto our heavenly Father.
- God would not be a good father if He did not discipline.
- Discipline is what helps us grow and form into the image of God. Discipline is for our good.
- God brings conviction because He loves us and He knows that you cannot be all that He has called you to be with sin in your life.
- God’s heart motive is always for you.
- The enemy comes to make us feel full of shame, defeated and discouraged.
- The enemy comes to condemn us. He makes us feel worse about our situation.
- God will never tear you down and He will never discourage you.
What advice do you have about communication in marriage? How do you communicate well while going through a hard time?
- Simply communicate – sometimes we over complicate things.
- Sit with your spouse and come up with practical ways you can better communicate with each other.
- Plan date nights and make it a priority.
- We make too many assumptions.
- Communicate on how you want to communicate.
How often do you and your husband talk about your fertility journey? Do you continue to share the ups and downs, or do you focus more on speaking life over each other?
- Caroline and Colby are in a season right now where they are declaring, believing, prophesying, and praying.
- Their focus is more on Jesus than having a child.
- They are enjoying life in the season that they are in right now.
- Wanting to have a baby can become an idol when we make it the number one thing we think about and pray about.
- Jesus is the only one who can truly satisfy.
“Any time we have lost hope for something it’s because we have taken our eyes off the Father, and we have taken our eyes off of God’s Word.” – Caroline
“If you are feeling hopeless, ask God for a solution to your situation.” – Caroline
“I refuse to let hopelessness write my story. My story will be written by the Word of the Lord and there is no room for hopelessness to enter in.” – Caroline
“We should be men and women who want to live pure and holy lives.” – Caroline
“Unity is not about agreeing on a topic, unity is being willing to hear someone else’s perspective on a topic and then loving them even when they disagree.” – Caroline
“My God is the one who protects me when sickness comes near.” – Caroline
“We have to look at everything that is happening in the world through the lens of what scripture says.” – Caroline
“When we don’t know who our heavenly Father is, we project our earthly father onto our heavenly Father.” – Caroline
“Assumptions need to be completely eradicated and we need to become people who over communicate.” Caroline