114. Julie King
Julie King grew up a missionary kid, living overseas in Germany, during the fall of the Berlin Wall and the opening of the Iron Curtain. It was a formative period of time for both her worldview and passion for the gospel. As an adult, her desire and passion for the Bride of Christ and the lost, who don’t know Jesus personally, compelled her to begin an initiative called ARISE through the ministry of East West Ministries. Over the course of just a short period of time, she is seeing women growing in a depth of hunger and passion for Jesus and His heart for the world. Julie has a passion for the Word and for Worship and loves rallying people to the very things God brings forth in her spirit. Julie King is an author of two books and is married with 4 daughters, residing in Dallas, Texas. Tune in to this episode as Julie shares her testimony, her heart for evangelism, being a mother while in ministry and more!
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Luke 16:10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. “We have to have the spirit and the truth”
Habakkuk 2:2 “Then the LORD replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.”
Song of Solomon 2:10 “My beloved spoke and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. “For me to live is Christ”
Matthew 9:37 “Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.”
– Julie grew up in Germany, lived in California for some time and now lives in Dallas, Texas with her husband.
– Julie has four daughters.
– Julie works for East West Ministries.
– Julie was 6 years old when she became saved. When Julie was 12 years old the Lord called her parents to full time ministry in Germany.
– Julie was raised as a missionary kid and grew up in Germany.
– Julie watched her parents give up everything to follow God’s call on their lives and this deepened Julie’s relationship with God as well.
– Julie now has a heart to share the gospel with the nations.
Practical Ways to Fulfill Your Calling as a Mother and Ministry
– God cares about the process.
– Let your kids catch your life with Jesus.
– Children need to know about the highs and lows. They need to know about the disillusionment with God and times of pain when you are clinging to Him.
– Take your children on mission trips with you.
– Let Jesus be involved in the mundane moments of life and let those mundane tasks be an act of worship.
– We need to live out our faith with our kids watching.
Julie’s Relationship with the Holy Spirit
– Julie was in her 30’s when she was baptized in the Holy Spirit.
– After this experience, Julie became hungry for more of the Holy Spirit.
– Julie’s ministry works as a bridge between different denominations to bring them closer to Holy Spirit and all that He has to offer.
– It is important to have the foundation of the Word as well as be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Julie’s Vision for her Neighborhood
– God spoke to Julie and told her ‘I want you to get this neighborhood in the Word and on mission and start a Bible Study.’
– God then told Julie directions to cast vision, train up your leaders and launch in the Fall.
– This Bible Study was an answer to so many people’s prayers.
– She got about 200 women in her neighborhood to join this study.
– Julie started this Bible Study in 2007 and it is still going today in her neighborhood.
East West Ministries
– The vision of East West is to take the gospel into the spiritually darkest places of the world.
– Julie started a ministry called Arise.
– The vision for Arise is to call, connect and commission women to be a powerful force for the kingdom of God.
– Call – cast a wide net to see who the Lord has already prompted to be a part of this ministry.
– Connect – Help women to move in their identity and their authority and in the grace of God through their passionate love for Jesus.
– Commission – Get women into the field.
– Julie has taken women all over the world.
– Julie went on a mission trip to Southeast Asia. Julie prayed over a woman who was deaf and was healed. She then received salvation and she became the first Christian in that village.
– Julie climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. While hiking, Julie got sick. One of the tour guides, Emmanuel, carried Julie’s backpack and sang “Amazing Grace” and helped her climb the mountain while she was sick.
“Embrace where God has you right now.” – Julie
“This now is more important than what He’s preparing us for and getting us ready for.” – Julie
“Let’s take our focus off of what will be and let’s put it on right here.” – Julie
“Our children need to catch the life we are living in following Jesus.” – Julie
“People see the fruit on your life, and they want to catch what you are carrying.” – Caroline
“God is not going to trust you with a mission field overseas if you can’t first talk to your neighbor.” – Caroline
“I want women off the sidelines and out of the shadows and on the front lines.” – Julie
“I will not preserve my life or my comfort because Jesus is the most important thing.” – Julie
“The battle proceeds the breakthrough.” – Julie
“We miss God in the details, and He is in all of the details.” – Julie
“We have to train our eyes and our ears to look and to listen because He sets these storehouses of treasures and every day, we get to go on a treasure hunt with the Lord of the love of God.” – Julie
“He sings over us.” – Julie
“I need the grace of God for what was a picture of life.” – Julie
“Until we make it to the end and cross that finish line, we need Emmanuel, God with us, singing over us and we need His grace to get through this life.” – Julie
Arise My Darling by Julie King
Revivalist Arise by Julie King
Arise Ministry – eastwest.org/arise
Julie’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Favorite Translation : Passion Translation
Arise by Patricia King and Larry Sparks
Wildfire by Jesse Green