119. A Call to Persevere
Are you holding out for a promise that has been delayed? Have you been waiting for something for a long time? Are you in a situation that seems hopeless? If you are tempted to give up as you contend for God’s promises, then this episode is for you! There is a call to persevere on your life! Tune into this episode to hear practical encouragement to persevere as you contend and pray for God’s promises to come to pass.
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:1-2
“Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” Romans 5:3-5
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4
“The things that distinguish a true apostle were performed among you with great perseverance—supernatural signs, startling wonders, and awesome miracles.” 2 Corinthians 2:12
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for in due time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
“Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12
“For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:8
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” Hebrews 10:23
- Are you holding out for a promise that has been delayed? Are you in a situation that seems hopeless? Does God feel far? Has God called you to pursue something that is making you face a lot of resistance?
- There is a call to persevere on your life!
- Perseverance is persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
- Some of the greatest breakthroughs come on the other side of persevering through those tough trials and circumstances.
- If you want to be a person who perseveres, you have to get rid of the things that will hold you back.
Practical Ways to Persevere
- God’s word: We will not be able to get through life’s trials without God’s Word. We have to fix our eyes on Jesus.
- Community: We have to surround ourselves with Christ-filled and spirit-filled people.
- Worship: The power of worshipping through our situations takes our focus off our circumstances and shifts our focus to the One who is worthy of it all.
- Declarations: Take God’s word and declare it out and speak it over your life. God’s Word carries power.
The Benefits of Perseverance
- Perseverance builds character and hope.
- You will be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- Perseverance distinguishes a true apostle.
- You will reap a harvest.
- You are blessed.
- It creates a testimony.
“There is a call on your life to persevere!” – Caroline
“Perseverance is one of the things that distinguishes a believer from anyone else.” – Caroline
“The greatest breakthroughs come on the other side of persevering through tough trials and circumstances.” – Caroline
“One of the best ways to fix your eyes on Jesus is to worship Him.” – Caroline
“The power of perseverance is that it creates a testimony in us and through us that everyone around us can see.” – Caroline
“You will not be able to receive a testimony if you don’t persevere.” – Caroline
“On the other side of your perseverance, there is a testimony.” – Caroline
“The Bible is full of stories about perseverance because it is the Father’s heart for your life.” – Caroline