120. Kingdom of Light vs Darkness
Weaved all throughout the Bible is the theme of two Kingdoms — the Kingdom of light and the Kingdom of darkness. God declares Himself as light but it doesn’t diminish that the darkness and evil in this world is very real and prevalent. Are you aware of the darkness surrounding you? Tune into this episode to hear what scripture says on the two Kingdoms and continue listening until the end as you are left with the challenge of answering this question: what Kingdom are you partnering up with?
1 John 1:5-8 – “This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”
John 8:12 – “Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life.”
Ephesians 8:5-11 – “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.”
John 3:19-20 – “This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.”
Deuteronomy 18:10-12 – “Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the Lord your God.”
1 Corinthians 10:21 – “You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons.”
1 Thessalonians 5:22 – “Reject every kind of evil.”
Romans 12:9 – “Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.”
1 Thessalonians 5:22 – “Abstain from every form of evil.”
Psalm 34:14 – “Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.”
Romans 13:12 – “So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
Isaiah 5:20 – “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
3 John 1:11 – “Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.”
Galatians 5:19-21 – “The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
Colossians 1:13 – “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves.”
1 Peter 5:8 – “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”
1 Peter 2:9 – But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Philippians 4:8 – “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
Matthew 10:8 – “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.”
Proverbs 4:23 – “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
The Spiritual Realms
- The Bible talks about two spiritual realms
Righteousness vs wickedness
Good vs evil
Light vs dark
Life vs death
Heaven vs Hell
God is Light
- He is It is His nature.
- There is no darkness in Him.
- If we are walking in darkness, we are not walking with God.
- God has pulled us out of darkness, and He has called us into relationship with Him.
Darkness is Real
- The Kingdom of darkness is real.
- Psalm 37
- There is an enemy. The devil is seeking who he can devour and who will partner with him and the kingdom of darkness.
- God rescued you from evil. Why would you go back and partner up with the evil forces?
- Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.
- God gave us free will. Will you choose to partner with the darkness or reject evil and walk in the light?
- Jesus’ ministry was to cast demons out of people.
- Demonic oppression is real and still exists today.
- We must recognize that demons, witchcraft, and sorcery are real.
- Any form of witchcraft and sorcery is detestable to the Lord.
- Inner Healing helps you to be set free from any bondage and demonic oppression that you have partnered up with.
- The spirit realm is powerful.
- We need to be mindful of the television shows and movies we watch and the books we read so that we do not give the enemy a foothold.
- When we partner with the demonic realm, we are literally inviting the enemy in.
- We have to be aware and guard our hearts.
- We do not need to scared of the evil forces, but we do need to be aware.
- The things we watch, read and listen to and the decisions we make will have an affect on us.
- Jesus is looking for the ones who are going to partner up with the kingdom of light and life.
Partnering with the Kingdom of Light
- Everyone needs inner healing
- Jesus came to set you free and drive the demons out of you.
- If you have partnered up with the demonic realm in the past, you can choose to turn from your wicked ways and partner up with the kingdom of light.
- It is never too late to walk in the kingdom of light.
- God is delighted when you leave the kingdom of darkness and choose to walk in the kingdom of light.
“We have the choice which realm we are going to partner up with.” – Caroline
“God is Light and if we are walking in the darkness, we are not walking with Him.” – Caroline
“You cannot get through your life if you are not aware that there are two kingdoms at hand.” – Caroline
“The call on your life is way too significant for you to not be walking in light.” – Caroline
“The very reason that Jesus came was to destroy the works of the devil.” – Caroline
“I do not want one part of my life to be a reflection of the kingdom of darkness.” – Caroline
“Jesus does not want us walking in the natural realm, He wants us to live by the spirit realm.” – Caroline
“There are two spirit realms that we can opt into. One is the kingdom of light and one is the kingdom of darkness.” – Caroline
“Jesus has paved the way. He brought you out of darkness so you could walk in light.” – Caroline
“The spirit realm that we live in is much more real than the natural realm.” – Caroline
“Jesus is looking for the ones who are going to partner up with the kingdom of light and life.” – Caroline
“The beautiful thing is light always outshines the darkness.” – Caroline