121. Robin Barlow
Robin Barlow works as a certified life coach and lives in Arkansas. She applies a holistic approach to redirect clients on a path towards freedom from toxic mindsets to healing and wholeness. Robin effectively equips and empowers clients with life skills in areas such as time and exercise management, relational and spiritual freedom, and discerning the voice of God for themselves. With passion and transparency, Robin champions others to fulfill their God-given destinies! Tune into this episode as Robin shares on the topic of surrender, overcoming rejection, contendering for her marriage of 29 years and more!
Hebrews 11:8 “Abraham obeyed and went even though he did not know where he was going.”
Philippians 4:7 ”And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
2 Corinthians 4:18 “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
Proverbs 18:21 “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Psalm 139:16 “Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
- Robin was not raised in a Christian home. She went to a church service when she was in college.
- Shortly after breaking up with her college boyfriend, Robin began her relationship with Jesus.
- Robin chose to chase after Jesus, but she guarded herself so that she would not become like other believers who did not look like Jesus.
Robin’s New Life with Jesus
- Robin knew that if she wanted to truly chase after Jesus, she would have to leave the culture she was currently living in.
- Robin moved to Dallas, TX.
- Robin learned to love the Lord without the influence of the world.
- It’s important to remember that we have a spirit and God has given us all gifts in our spirit.
- When Robin surrendered her life to Jesus, she immediately recognized that she was following a different voice.
- Robin understood that in order to navigate through an invisible kingdom, she would have to know God’s voice.
- It isn’t about intelligence; it is about hearing the voice of God.
- Pray about everything. Ask the Lord about everything because you are navigating against an invisible enemy.
- The enemy offers all of us rejection.
- When we are free from the mindset the enemy has offered, we start to come more like the blueprint that the Creator made us to look like.
- The world tells us that accomplishments will heal the wound of rejection.
- What the Lord says about you has to override what the world tells you.
- You have to intentionally pursue a relationship with the Father and accept what He says about you.
Practical Ways to Heal the Wounds of Rejection
- Getting our identity from our job or relationships, etc. is like sand. It can shift and change. Getting our identity from the Father and understanding His love for us is like solid ground.
- Pay attention to what you are meditating on and thinking about.
- Only Jesus can satisfy.
- What is your foundation built on?
- Inner Healing
Robin’s Testimony of Contending for Her Marriage
- Robin was married for 29 years
- Robin prayed and asked God to pick her husband because she trusted Him.
- Infidelity caused strife in their marriage, but Robin was committed to their covenant relationship.
- Robin refused to allow herself to be defeated.
- During her prayer time she asked the Father “what’s our strategy?”
- The Lord told Robin not to look in the natural because she would be discouraged. He told her to fix her eyes on Him and make declarations.
- Robin began to speak what God desired over her marriage and contended for her marriage.
- Robin’s marriage ended up failing. Her husband had free will and you can’t control someone’s free will.
Power of Declarations
- We use our mouth to create the things that God desires.
- God has already purchased our desires. Whether or not they manifest is our responsibility.
- Our words speak either life or death.
- The Bible tells us to call things that are not as though they were.
- We have the authority speak and declare over impossible situations.
Keys to Carrying Hope in the Midst of Difficult Seasons
- Live on the offensive. Choose to not partner up with discouragement, depression or hopelessness.
- It is important to be spiritually awake and aware that the enemy will offer you in you mind discouragement, and thoughts, ideas and encounters that are not true. You have to decide to not pick it up.
- Determine that God is good.
- Pace yourself.
- Don’t let your feelings lead. The enemy will use your emotions against you.
Carrying Hope While Grieving
- There is a difference between godly grief and ungodly grief. When grief has you and becomes a personality trait – it’s ungodly grief.
- Grief is a way to process disappointments with the Lord.
- Hope for the future
“The world doesn’t satisfy.” – Robin
“If you don’t like someone for no reason, there is a divine appointment.” – Robin
“If you’re looking to the world’s system of getting rejection off of your soul, it won’t work.” – Robin
“Wholeness is available to anyone who has wounds from their past.” – Caroline
“If we are looking at each other to fulfill each other, that is a disaster.” – Robin
“Everyone hears the voice of God; some just don’t have the language for it.” – Robin
“Victory is available because it has already been purchased, but the partnership with the Holy Spirit to get it to manifest is the journey.” – Robin
“God is outside of time and He is navigating you on your timeline, so you have to trust His voice.” – Robin
“You cannot stay in warrior mode with your emotions; you’re going to have to decide to go after it.” – Robin
“Perfection is a demonic mindset because you can never do it.” – Robin
“God has already purchased it. Whether or not it manifests is our responsibility.” – Robin
“Your emotions are a gift from the Lord, but the enemy will use them to set a trap.” – Robin
“Bitterness is not a personality trait of a believer.” – Robin
Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer