124. Questions and Answers
You submitted your questions and today I am answering them. From others getting the very thing you have been praying for as you continue to wait to boundaries with family members, this is the episode you won’t want to miss!
Ephesians 2:8 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.”
Matthew 10:6 “Blessed are those that are not offended by me.”
John 8:32 “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
James 2: 26 “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”
Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Galatians 1:10 “Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
Why do you refer to the Holy Spirit as just Holy Spirit?
- We don’t address people with the infront of their names (example: The Caroline, The Jesus, etc.). Since we don’t address others this way, why do we address Holy Spirit this way?
What are your thoughts on Santa Clause?
- Santa becomes an issue when we teach our children that he is real. When do that, we are lying to them.
- Telling our children that Santa is real can be confusing for them.
- Santa teaches rules and religion which is the exact opposite of Christianity.
- Santa is not the center or focus for Christmas. It’s all about Jesus.
Can you address the idea of two people praying for something, but one gets it and other doesn’t? How do you understand this concept? Aren’t I deserving?
- Comparison is not a healthy position of the heart.
- Comparison is going to drive you into a dark place.
- Comparison can lead us to take offense at God.
- It is up to us to take hold of the kingdom of God and call it forth into our own individual lives.
- Ask the Father for a revelation of His love for you. You are deserving!
- Stay focused on God and His Word.
- What God does for someone else, He can do it for you.
- God wants to do those things for you, but you have to partner up with Him.
- There is a kingdom principle that we will reap a harvest from the seeds that we are sowing.
Are there days when you feel down, discouraged or doubt God’s goodness?
- Discouragement happens when we take our eyes off the Father and we put it onto other things or other people.
- Discouragement happens when we get out of the Word of God.
- It is important to stay encouraged.
- It is hard to feel discouraged or doubt God’s goodness when you are meditating on God’s Word day and night.
- Guard your heart – pay attention to what you are watching and listening to and spending your time.
- Worship your way through
- Scripture never tells us to be discouraged. Instead, it calls us to be like Jesus.
- Grieving and be discouraged are two completely different things.
- Protect your heart and mind.
- Get to the root of why you are feeling discouraged.
Are you and your husband taking any steps with your fertility journey (vitamins, supplements, medicine, etc) or are you simply standing on faith for breakthrough?
- Caroline and Colby are not taking any vitamins, medication or supplements. They are standing on God’s word for breakthrough.
- God’s Word is a stronger medication than any vitamin, supplement or medication.
- Caroline and Colby take communion as their medication.
- Are you making medication your idol? Has it taken a higher place than Jesus?
- Seek wisdom from God and follow His plan for you.
How do you respond to people’s comments to relax when ttc and there are infertility struggles?
- Ignore it.
- Bless them, educate them, and then move on.
- Are you trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or are you trying to please people? If you were still trying to please people, you would not be a servant of Christ.
- We don’t have time to get offended.
- The enemy wants us to be offended, but that is not the Father’s heart for us.
What is a mentor like? How can one be a mentor?
- The heart of a mentor is to offer a spiritual covering.
- A mentor brings spiritual wisdom to the table.
- A mentor calls you higher.
- A mentor offers support and accountability.
You have mentioned receiving threats from family members concerning your husband’s health. What does it look like to set up healthy boundaries within family?
- Boundaries are healthy and important.
- Saying no is putting up boundaries.
- Limit the amount of time you see them or spend time with them.
- Guard your mind and protect your heart.
- Holy Spirit will give you wisdom on how to set healthy boundaries.
“Jesus is all about grace.” – Caroline
“Comparison is not from the Father.” – Caroline
“It is up to us to take hold of the kingdom of God and call it forth into our own individual lives.” – Caroline
“Discouragement happens when we take our eyes off the Father and we put it onto other things or other people.” – Caroline
“Living in discouragement is not God’s best for you.” – Caroline
“You will not be able to live in joy, peace, hope and faith if you are not abiding in the Holy Spirit and planting seeds of the kingdom.” – Caroline
“We are not called to live by how we feel. We are called to live by the truth of God’s Word.” – Caroline
“God’s Word is a stronger medication than any vitamin, supplement or medication.” – Caroline
“God’s Word is the ultimate medicine.” – Caroline
“If you want to follow the call of God on your life, you cannot be concerned about who likes you or what people say to you.” – Caroline