125. Seek Him First
Do you want God to answer your prayers? Do you want to be rewarded and favored by Him? Matthew 6:33 says to “seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” In this episode, I talk about the importance of putting God first in all things, including your time and finances.
Matthew 6:33 says, “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
Hebrews 11:6 says, “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Psalm 84:11 says, “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
Psalm 84:11 says, The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
Matthew 7:7-12 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.”
Exodus 20:3 “You shall have no other gods before me.”
Psalm 37:4 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Are You Seeking God First?
- There is power in seeking God first.
- You must put God first in every aspect of your life. You can’t pick and choose.
- There is a decree in your life to seek Him first in your life.
- We have a God who wants to answer our prayers, but He is not going to do it when we are not seeking Him first.
- God rewards those who seek Him.
Favor in the Kingdom of God
- God shows you favor when you are seeking Him.
- God wants to prosper you and see you succeed.
- The Father’s heart is good things for you, but He cannot do these things if you are not putting Him first.
- Seeking God first is a Kingdom principle.
Seeking God First with Your Time
- Make going to church a priority in your life.
- Find a church that meets your needs and get plugged in.
- Spend time in God’s Word every day.
- Think about how you are spending your time and what you are putting in your mind.
- The more you feast on God’s Word, the more you are going to crave it.
- There is a time report in Heaven, and you are accountable to it.
Seeking God First with Your Finances
- God does not want you to live in debt, poverty and be bound to your finances.
- God wants you to be in financial freedom, but you have to put Him first.
- Put God first by making tithing a priority.
- Do you trust the Lord with your finances?
- The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.
- If you are not tithing, you are stealing from God.
“Our feelings do not set us free. It is God’s truth that sets us free.” – Caroline
“We don’t get to live our life for us, and then ask God to do things and expect Him to do it.” – Caroline
“When we put God first, we will start to see the fruit in our own life.” – Caroline
“We have a God who wants to answer our prayers, but He is not going to do it when we are not seeking Him first.” – Caroline
“There will be great reward in your life if you seek God first.” – Caroline
“If you are hungry for God, you’re going to have to do things on your own.” – Caroline
“If you are not spending time in God’s Word, don’t be surprised that you feel discouraged, defeated and anxious.” – Caroline
“You are given a decision on how you are using your time.” – Caroline
“If you want your life to look different, you’re going to have to spend your time differently.” – Caroline
“The more that you feast on the presence of Jesus Christ himself, the things of this world are not going to taste good.” – Caroline
“Stop using the Father and spend time with Him.” – Caroline
“If God is not a priority to you, why do you expect to be a priority to Him?” – Caroline
“There will be evident fruit on your life if you seek God first.” – Caroline
“Anything you put before God is an idol.” – Caroline
“If you want to learn more about seeking God first, open your Bible.” – Caroline
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group