126. Not of This World
As a Christian your life should look differently than every other non-Believer. You are called to be set apart because you are not of this world! Tune in to this episode to hear what God’s Word says about being set apart and not of this world!
“And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Mark 16:17-18
“If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” John 15:9
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” John 18:36
“You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.” John 4:4
“If we claim that we share life with him, but keep walking in the realm of darkness, we’re fooling ourselves and not living the truth.” 1 John 1:6
“Don’t set the affections of your heart on this world or in loving the things of the world. The love of the Father and the love of the world are incompatible. For all that the world can offer us—the gratification of our flesh, the allurement of the things of the world, and the obsession with status and importance —none of these things come from the Father but from the world. This world and its desires are in the process of passing away, but those who love to do the will of God live forever.” 1 John 2:15-16
“They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny them.” Titus 1:16
“I have given them your message and that is why the unbelieving world hates them. For their allegiance is no longer to this world because I am not of this world. I am not asking that you remove them from the world, but I ask that you guard their hearts from evil, For they no longer belong to this world any more than I do.” John 17:14-16
“Little children, you can be certain that you belong to God and have conquered them, for the One who is living in you is far greater than the one who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” Romans 12:2
“But our citizenship is in heaven.” Philippians 3:20
“You brood of vipers! How can you speak good when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” Matthew 12:34
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8
“Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.” 2 Timothy 4:2
We Are Not of This World
- Those who are seeking the Lord will face persecution and hate.
- We do not belong to the world.
- The things that make sense to you will not make sense to the world.
- God’s Kingdom is not of this world.
- Our citizenship is in Heaven.
- Jesus rescued us from darkness and brought us into the light.
- We cannot love sin and love the Father at the same time.
- Anyone who chooses to be a friend to the world becomes an enemy to God.
What Does It Look Like to Not Be of This World?
- Does your life produce fruit?
- Does your life look like the life of a nonbeliever?
- Do the nonbelievers in your life see and understand that there is something different about you and how you are choosing to live your life?
- What is coming out of your mouth? Everything you say and do should look different.
What Are You Craving?
- When you fall in love with the Father, your appetites start to change.
- What you are craving is an indication of what is on the inside of you.
- Your cravings indicate if you are living by the world or living by the spirit.
Are You Willing to Be Persecuted?
- Those who follow Jesus will be hated and persecuted.
- People who hate or persecute you are really hating and persecuting Jesus.
- There is a cost to following Jesus.
- The enemy wants to destroy you.
“The things of the kingdom will not make sense to the world.” – Caroline
“If you are a follower of Jesus, you should expect people to hate you.” – Caroline
“If you have never been persecuted, it’s probably because you have never done anything worth persecuting.” – Caroline
“You do not belong to the world.” – Caroline
“The things of the world will not make sense to the kingdom and the things of the kingdom will not make sense to the world.” – Caroline
“We cannot love the things of this world and love God at the same time.” – Caroline
“When you fall in love with the Father, your appetite starts to change.” – Caroline
“Those who follow Jesus will be hated and persecuted.” – Caroline
“Operating with a Kingdom mindset and mentality is going to look different than the rest of the world.” – Caroline
“Your mouth is just a reflection of the quality and nature of your heart.” – Caroline
“To love Jesus is to love others.” – Caroline
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram: Instagram • Facebook Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook Instagram • Facebook