128. Jake Kail // Deliverance from Demonic Oppression
Jake Kail was called to ministry in college after a life-changing encounter with God. He is a teacher, author, and speaker who is passionate for the presence of God and to see His kingdom come and will be done “on earth as it is in heaven.”
Jake is the author of multiple books, and he speaks at churches, conferences, retreats, and other events. He preaches and teaches the Word with authority, compassion, and a demonstration of the Holy Spirit’s power. His ministry is often marked by encounters with God, healing, and deliverance from demonic oppression.
Jake lives with his wife and family in Lancaster, PA where he serves as the lead pastor of Threshold Church.Tune into this episode as Jake and I discuss deliverance from demonic oppression!
Mark 16:17 “And these signs will accompany those who believe in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues.”
James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
John 8:32 “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Psalm 127:3-5 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.”
- Jake lives in Pennsylvania.
- Jake is married and has 3 children.
- Jake pastors Threshold Church.
- Jake grew up in a Christian home.
- Jake had a personal encounter with Jesus when he was 19.
- When Jake was a freshman in college he was heavily involved in partying, drinking and sexual sin all while attending church and going to a Bible Study.
- Jake attended a retreat where Holy Spirit convicted him, and he experienced true surrender and repentance.
- Jakes was completely set free from the bondage of sin and began to truly pursue God.
- As Jake read stories of Jesus healing and casting out demons, he became passionate to see people set free today.
- There are many Christians who are not walking in freedom.
- God spoke to Jake through a series of dreams where he was casting out demons.
- Deliverance is not something we just find in the pages of scripture; it is relevant today.
- Jake has been in the ministry of casting out demons for 16 years.
Why Is Deliverance Ministry Not Discussed in Churches Today?
- There are 3 common barriers that keep believers/churches from fully embracing deliverance.
- Unnecessary Stigma
How Would Someone Know If They Have Demonic Influences in Their Life?
- It is not always obvious.
- God can reveal it to us through His Word, the Holy Spirit, a dream, or a prophetic word.
- The gift of the spirit, discerning of spirits, can help us supernaturally discern when something is demonic versus natural.
- There could be a demonic manifestation. When a demon begins to manifest, it starts to show itself in a more obvious way (physical pain, speaking through you, convulsions, etc.).
- Natural discernment and understanding how deliverance works.
- Natural discernment recognizes bondage, oppression and doors that may have been opened to the enemy.
Telling the Difference Between Physical Sickness and Demonic Oppression.
- The Bible tells us that there is a spirit of infirmity.
- Not every sickness is caused by a demon, but it can be.
- If a pain begins to move around your body or the pain increases as people are praying for healing over you, that could be a demon.
- When symptoms are mysterious and doctors struggle to diagnose the issue, it could be a spiritual issue.
- When there is a generational history of illness, that could indicate that it is spiritual.
Practical Ways to Cast Out Demons
- Every single believer has the authority to cast out demons.
- Jesus paid the price for our deliverance.
- It is important to make sure that your heart is yielded to God and that you are truly submitted to Him.
- Repent of sin, close the doors to the enemy, resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Deliverance from Addiction and Sexual Sin
- Genuine, deep repentance is critical for freedom.
- Repentance is an internal change that leads to an external change.
- Recognize the sin for what it is and how it grieves the heart of God.
- Cast out any unclean spirits that are keeping you in bondage.
- A man was set free from trauma, pornography addiction, and same sex attraction.
- A woman was set free from depression and suicidal thoughts.
Encouragement for Parents
- It is important to have a mindset that sees children as a blessing from God.
- Jesus valued children, so it is important to value them and treat them as real people.
- Children can truly know God and encounter Him at a young age.
- Cultivate an environment that as God encounters your children, you can talk with them about it.
- Pray and intercede for your children.
- Lead by example.
- Create opportunities for your children to know and encounter God.
- There is no junior Holy Spirit. Children can be baptized in the Holy Spirit at a very young age.
- Allow your children to minister.
Being Baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Every true believer has the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of them.
- We can be empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill our callings in Christ and minister to others.
- When a person is baptized in the Holy Spirit, they receive the gifts of the Spirit.
- Speaking in tongues is done through the Holy Spirit’s enablement.
“Deliverance is not something we just find in the pages of scripture; it is relevant today.” – Jake
“It is not always obvious when a person needs deliverance.” – Jake
“Demons work in subtle ways because they do not want to be exposed so they can keep you bound and tormented.” – Jake
“Having an understanding of the authority that Jesus has given us is important.” – Jake
“God has given us the authority to cast out demons.” – Jake
“Jesus paid the price for our deliverance.” – Jake
“The nature of sin is to enslave us.” – Jake
“If a person doesn’t really want to be, then they are not going to get free.” – Jake
“Repentance is a change of heart and a change of mind that leads to a change of behavior.” – Jake
“We can’t force our kids to know God, but we can provide the opportunities for them.” – Jake
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group