129. Expect to Receive
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.” 1 John 5:14-15
“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Mark 11:22-24
“In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.” Psalm 5:3
“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” John 15:7-8
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:7-8
“Against all odds, when it looked hopeless, Abraham believed the promise and expected God to fulfill it. He took God at his word, and as a result he became the father of many nations.” Romans 4:18
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.” James 1:5-8, NIV
“Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.” NLT vs 8
“Can you really expect to receive anything from the Lord when you’re in that condition?” TPT vs 8
“Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.” Galatians 6:7-8
“The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God’s word.” Lamentations 3:25
“Wait for and confidently expect the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for and confidently expect the Lord.” Psalm 27:14
- The definition of expectation is a strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future.
- The opposite of expectation is disbelief, distrust, and doubt
- Waiting means to be expecting something
- We should be praying and approaching God with confidence
- The Bible says if we ask anything according to God’s Will, we can trust that we will have the very thing of what we have asked of Him.
- Are you expecting that your prayers will be answered?
- Do you know what is on the other side of your expectation?
- God’s heart for you is for you to approach Him with great confidence and expectation.
Doubt and Unbelief
- If you have even a little bit of doubt or unbelief, you should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
- God sees those with doubt as unstable and double-minded.
- If you’re begging God to do something, that is an indicator that you are praying with doubt and unbelief.
- You will get the very thing that you expect.
- If you are praying and asking God for something, but then speaking death over that situation; you will not receive what you have asked for, you will receive what you are expecting.
- When you speak death over your situation, it cancels your prayer.
- If you doubt you will not receive.
- There are consequences to praying in doubt.
- When we pray in doubt, we are saying that we do not trust God.
Expect to Receive What You Sow
- What seeds are you sowing?
- No one can sow seeds of laziness, reality tv, prayerlessness, doubt and fear and expect to reap an abundant harvest of favor and blessings.
- If you sow in doubt, you won’t receive.
- If you sow in expectation and faith, you will
- There is a principle in the kingdom that what you sow, you will reap.
- You will reap a harvest if you do not give up.
- What you’re expecting needs to line up with what you are praying.
- It is inefficient to pray prayers that don’t line up with the seeds you are sowing.
- Repentance is a good thing, and we should take it seriously.
- Repentance is beautiful.
- If you have been sowing seeds of doubt and death, this is your time to repent.
- Invite the Holy Spirit in to help you find the root of your doubt and unbelief.
- Ask Father to heal the pain and disappointments so you can fully trust Him.
“You will get the very things that you expect.” – Caroline
“Our wait is not without purpose. Our wait has a great attachment of expectation to it.” – Caroline
“The greatest thing we can do in our wait is to expect it to come to pass.” – Caroline
“We should expect receive what we sow.” – Caroline
“It will be hard to approach God with confidence if you don’t know your place in the kingdom.” – Caroline
“If you are coming to God as a beggar, then you don’t understand your place in the kingdom.” – Caroline
“Our prayers and level of confidence and expectation is not based on our circumstances.” – Caroline
“If you doubt, you will not receive.” – Caroline
“If you are waiting for something and you are not expecting, you might as well stop waiting.” – Caroline
“The greatest place you can hear God is through His Word.” – Caroline
“We cannot be praying prayers when our expectations are not lining up with those prayers and we are sowing seeds that are completely opposite.” – Caroline
“The reason we don’t expect things, is because we do not trust God.” – Caroline
“When you pray, you need to expect.” – Caroline
“Each individual has a calling on their life to be fully expectant to receive a big harvest.” – Caroline
My Book – use code acupfullofhopepodcast for 20% off