Do you know how important faith is? Tune into this episode of A Cup Full of Hope where you will hear exactly what faith is, examples of faith in the Bible, how to increase your faith and the truth that we should all cling to while waiting… God rewards faith!
Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”
Hebrews 11:6 – “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Hebrews 11:8 – “By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.”
Hebrews 11:11 – “And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise.”
Matthew 17:20 – “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
Romans 10:17 – “So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
James 2:17 – “So too, faith by itself, if it does not result in action, is dead.”
Luke 18:8 – “I tell you; he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”
Colossians 3:23-24 – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.”
Luke 10:16 – “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.”
Romans 2:6 – “God will repay each person according to what they have done.”
What is Faith?
- Faith is a complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
- Faith is complete trust or confidence in God.
- Faith is being in a posture of complete trust that God is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do.
- Faith is not something we can see.
- Faith is the assurance that something is going to happen.
God Rewards Faith
- Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- God rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
- We cannot be pleasing to God if we do not have faith.
- God is looking for the ones who will trust Him and confidently expect that His word will come to pass.
- When we have faith, God brings great reward to us.
- God blesses obedience and he rewards faith.
- God cannot trust you with a lot if you are not faithful with the little.
- When we put our faith in God He will credit to us as righteousness.
Examples of Faith in the Bible
- Because Noah obeyed God and had faith, he received the righteousness from God.
- Abraham obeyed God and entered the land God gave him as an inheritance.
- It was by faith that Sarah was able to conceive a child in her old age.
- Hebrews 11
- The parting of the Red Sea.
- The story of Jericho.
- It is your faith that will bring you into your Promised Land.
Your Faith Should Look Like Something
- If you are not taking action on your faith, it is not faith at all.
- This does not mean we are working or trying to prove anything to God.
- Faith is a heart posture of trust and being fully confident.
- Your faith should be aligned with your expectations and your expectations should be aligned with your prayers.
How Do I Increase My Faith?
- Faith comes by hearing and reading the Word of God.
- Faith comes by spending time with Jesus.
- You cannot live off of anyone else’s faith.
- You have to read God’s Word.
- The more you read the Bible, your expectancy and faith will grow.
- A person of true faith will put their faith in Jesus Christ and nothing and no one else.
- It will not be easy to put your full faith in the Lord if your heart is not healed and your mind is not renewed.
“Faith is acting like it is so, even when it is not so, in order that it might be so, simply because God said so.” – Tony Evans
“Faith is being in a posture of complete trust that God is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do.” – Caroline
“Faith is the assurance that something is going to happen.” – Caroline
“When we have faith, God brings great reward to us.” – Caroline
“God will reward you in such a way that your faith will birth nations and generations.” – Caroline
“God blesses obedience and He rewards faith.” – Caroline
“Your faith should look like something.” – Caroline
“We will be held accountable for our faith.” – Caroline
“Faith pleases the heart of the Father.” – Caroline