During our first 10 years of marriage Colby and I experienced few transitions. We lived in the same home for years. We had been at the same church for 8 years. I was at the same job for 11 years and Colby had been at the same job for 15 years. But last summer, the Lord begin to speak to us that it was a season of new beginnings and we had no idea the amount of transition we would begin to go through. Tune into this episode as we share about the season of transition we have been and give updates of what has been going on in our life lately!
Hebrews 11:8-9 “By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.”
- Colby has a master’s degree in accounting and a minor in economics.
- After college, Colby took a big job in Dallas, Texas where he met Caroline.
- Colby started working as an auditor for large companies. He worked there for 6 years.
- Colby then began working in law enforcement which began his career.
- About a year into their marriage, Colby left for a 6-month training program in Georgia for his new job.
- In 2018, Colby began receiving prophetic words about being in full time ministry.
- Caroline majored in finance and marketing.
- After college, Caroline accepted a job as a financial analyst in Dallas, Texas where she met Colby.
- While Colby was in training, Caroline was working as a financial analyst while also writing her book and blog In Due Time, and Moms in the Making.
- In April 2017, Caroline quit her job and began leading ministry full time.
A Season of Transition
- In the summer of 2021, Colby and Caroline moved into their new house.
- Due to Covid, Colby worked from home a lot more than before.
- During this time, some unusual things started happening at Colby’s work.
- The grace lifted and Colby had no more desire to work there.
- Colby wanted to be obedient to the Lord and decided to quit his job.
- Colby wants to commit more time to the Lord in this season.
- Colby wants to provide resources and encouragement to men who are, with their wives, desiring to grow their family.
- Colby wants to help Caroline in her ministry.
- Colby and Caroline also recently transitioned to a new church.
- When you follow Jesus, you will be misunderstood.
- Jesus was misunderstood.
- Obedience will not make sense to your flesh. You will have to think kingdom minded.
- If God is leading you to do something, He will figure it out for you.
- There is great blessing when you believe God and you obey Him.
- Obedience brings blessing.
An Unknown Season
- The enemy wants to cause fear in this season.
- It is important to remind yourself what God has spoken over you.
- Caroline and Colby are not fearful in this unknown season.
- They took a big leap of faith, and they are confident in what God has for them in this next chapter.
- They have full faith that there is an inheritance for them because of their obedience.
- There has been great peace over Colby in making this decision.
“True success is obedience.” – Caroline Harries
“When you follow Jesus, you will be misunderstood.” – Caroline Harries
“Stewardship starts with tithing.” – Colby Harries
“There is great blessing when you believe God and you obey Him.” – Colby Harries
“The Lord is our provider.” – Caroline Harries
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook