James 3:3-10 “We all fail in many areas, but especially with our words. Yet if we’re able to bridle the words we say we are powerful enough to control ourselves in every way, and that means our character is mature and fully developed. Horses have bits and bridles in their mouths so that we can control and guide their large body. And the same with mighty ships, though they are massive and driven by fierce winds, yet they are steered by a tiny rudder at the direction of the person at the helm. And so the tongue is a small part of the body yet it carries great power! Just think of how a small flame can set a huge forest ablaze. And the tongue is a fire! It can be compared to the sum total of wickedness and is the most dangerous part of our human body! It corrupts the entire body and is a hellish flame! It releases a fire that can burn throughout the course of human existence. For every wild animal on earth including birds, creeping reptiles, and creatures of the sea and land have all been overpowered and tamed by humans, but the tongue is not able to be tamed. It’s a fickle, unrestrained evil that spews out words full of toxic poison! We use our tongue to praise God our Father and then turn around and curse a person who was made in his very image! Out of the same mouth we pour out words of praise one minute and curses the next. My brothers and sister, this should never be!”
Proverbs 13:3, TPT:
“Guard your words and you’ll guard your life, but if you don’t control your tongue, it will ruin everything.”
Proverbs 15:4, NKJV:
“A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, But perverseness in it breaks the spirit.”
Proverbs 16:24, NKJV:
“Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.”
Proverbs 18:21, NIV:
“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Ephesians 4:29, NIV:
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
Power of Words
– Every single word that comes out of your mouth will either produce either life or death.
– You can choose life or death by the very things that you speak.
– You will reap a harvest based on the words that come out of your mouth.
– When the tongue speaks words of death, it can create mass destruction.
– The tongue is tamed by the Holy Spirit.
– Your words create worlds.
Examples of Speaking Words of Death or Life
– Grumbling and complaining about Mondays makes an agreement that the day is going to be bad.
– Using words like “I never….” Or “I always…” is giving the enemy an access point to wreak havoc.
– When you speak words of death, it becomes an access point for the enemy to come in and wreak destruction on your life.
– Words of death frequently come out of our mouth without us even realizing it.
– We live in a society that has gotten used to speaking death.
– We can speak life or death over our health.
– We call things forth with our mouth.
– If you say things like “I always get allergies, migraines, sore throats, etc.” you are making an agreement and you are calling forth allergies, migraines, sore throats, etc.
– What words are you speaking over your finances? Do you say things like “I will never get out of debt…” or “I will never get that promotion…”? Or are you speaking life over your finances?
– What words are you speaking over your relationships? Do you use words like “always” and “never” when talking about your spouse or are you speaking life over them?
– Words of death probably come out of Christians mouths more than words of life.
– What if you change the way you spoke over your body, finances, relationships?
Words Others Speak Over You
– It is important to break the word curses that have been spoken over you. Then replace it with God’s truth.
– It is important that an exchange takes place.
– If a doctor speaks death over you by giving you a diagnosis, and you let it happen and do not take authority over it then those words carry power.
– Inner healing allows the Holy Spirit to highlight and heal the word curses spoken over you.
– You probably have daily or weekly encounters with people who are speaking death over you.
– A curse is any open door or inroad to the enemy. Every time we or someone else speaks death over us, that becomes a curse which becomes an open door to the enemy.
– Ask Holy Spirit if there are any areas from your childhood where someone spoke death over you and write it down.
– Then ask Holy Spirit if there are any areas where you have spoken death over yourself and write that down.
– Then ask Holy Spirit if there are any areas in your life where other people have spoken death over you and write those down.
– “I renounce the curse spoken over my life that ______. I replace it with God’s Truth that _______. I forgive _______ for speaking death over me and I bless them and release them in Jesus name.”
“There is no middle ground in the kingdom and there is no middle ground in the words you speak.” – Caroline
“You can choose either life or death by the very things that you speak.” – Caroline
“You can literally call forth death or life into your world by what you speak.” – Caroline
“If you want a healthy body, you’re going to have to speak words of life.” – Caroline
“When you declare something with your mouth it becomes a seed.” – Caroline
“You cannot declare things out over your body and be praying something that goes against what you are declaring.” – Caroline
“Your prayers and your words have to come into alignment.” – Caroline
“You become what you behold.” – Caroline
“Words of death will cancel out any prayer you attempt to pray to the Lord.” – Caroline
“You can either speak death, or you can speak life. The choice is up to you.” – Caroline
“You need to speak the very thing you want even when you’re not seeing it.” – Caroline
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram: Instagram • Facebook
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook
Instagram • Facebook