146. Nerida Walker // From Barren to Fruitful
In Nerida’s heart is a passion to see believers living in the fullness of their salvation in every area, and to cross the line from barrenness and miscarriage into fruitfulness, from sickness and disease into health, and from lack into the abundance of all God has provided. Nerida has seen many come to know Jesus, and many believers fall in love with Him all over again, being healed and transformed by the power of God in every area of their lives. Nerida is a Senior Pastor alongside her husband Shaun, at River Christian Church in Austrailia.
Nerida Walker is the mother of four miracle children, who were conceived after her husband was diagnosed as sterile. With a passion to help others struggling through infertility, Nerida co-founded New Life Ministries – Bringing life to Barrenness. Nerida is also the author of three books. Tune in to this episode as Nerida shares her testimony of going from barren to fruitful, the finished work of the cross, what to do in the waiting seasons and more!
Exodus 23:25-26 “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.”
Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.”
- Nerida lives in Australia.
- Nerida and her husband pastor a church together.
- She also runs New Life Ministries.
- Nerida and her husband have 4 miracle children who are all adults now.
Nerida’s Fertility Journey
- Nerida’s husband was diagnosed as clinically sterile, and they were told that they would never have biological children.
- The Lord gave Nerida’s husband a vision and spoke to him and told him that he will have his own children.
- Nerida and her husband made the choice to trust God and His Word and not trust what the natural was saying.
- Nerida and her husband had 4 miracle children in 4 years.
Standing on God’s Word and Waiting for the Miracles
- When they first got the diagnosis, Nerida did everything in the natural to get pregnant.
- Nerida also did everything in the supernatural (prayer, declarations, fasting, etc.)
- Eventually Nerida realized that faith is trusting in Jesus and what He has done for you over what you can do for yourself.
- Nerida realized that there was nothing she could do in the natural or the supernatural to make this miracle happen.
- She released it to God, and she felt a genuine joy and peace.
God’s Plan for Pregnancy
- Nerida did a lot of research on what the Bible says about pregnancy and children, and it led to her writing this book.
- This book is for women walking through infertility.
It Is Finished
- Nerida wrote this book on general healing and the finished work of the cross.
- The finished work is talking about what Jesus has done on the cross for us.
- Generally, people believe that God will heal, etc. But we have to know that Jesus has already done it!
- Faith in Jesus is the only thing that pleases God.
- Healing, and everything Jesus did on that cross for us, is not a future tense promise. It’s a past tense provision.
- The Christian journey is a journey of continuing to rest and put our trust in Jesus’ performance not our own.
The Waiting Season
- This season will look different for everyone.
- Go back to the basics. Who is God to you? It is all about relationship with the Father.
- Know that God is a good God, and His love is unconditional.
- Sometimes people try too hard for the miracle.
- It is important to hear from God and let Him lead you.
- Your journey is between you and the Father.
- Learn to trust God in the small things so you can trust Him in the big things.
- Surrender is all about self-surrender. God wants us to stop trying to make it happen for ourselves. Let go and let God.
- Listen to and follow God’s leading.
- Relationship with God and spend time seeking a personal revelation from the Father.
- Ask God to show you how to navigate the situation.
- Learn to trust God’s voice.
- Do not go by your feelings and emotions.
- We have to know God’s Word and hide it in our hearts.
The only thing that pleases God is faith. – Nerida
God has already provided everything for us. – Nerida
Healing, and everything Jesus did on that cross for us, is not a future tense promise. It’s a past tense provision. – Nerida
Faith doesn’t move God, it moves us. Faith positions us into a place of rest where we can understand that Jesus has already done it. – Nerida
God is personal. He will meet you where you are. – Nerida
Rest is not inactivity. Rest is spirit led activity. – Nerida
Information has to become revelation. – Nerida