147. Healing is God’s Will
It’s been 10 years of trusting God for babies and my husband is currently in the middle of chemo to eradicate the stage 3 cancer he was recently diagnosed with and yet I am here to tell you that healing is absolutely God’s Will! Tune in to this episode to hear a very foundational intro to the topic of healing. This is just one of several episodes on the topic so make sure to tune in next week as we dive deeper into the topic of healing and what God’s Word says about it!
Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.”
Psalm 103:2-3 “Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.”
Matthew 8:17 “He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.”
Matthew 10:8 “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!”
John 5:19 “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.”
Mark 7:27 ““First let the children eat all they want,” he told her, “for it is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Luke 18:8 “Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them.”
Matthew 13:53-58 “When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. “Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked. “Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” And they took offense at him.But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town and in his own home.” And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.”
Matthew 7:9-11 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Healing is sometimes controversial
- In the Bible, people hated Jesus because He healed people.
- Jesus faced a lot of persecution for healing
Where do we get our healing theology from?
- What we have been taught and told
- Our experiences
Where should we get our healing theology from?
- Our theology has to be based on the Word of God.
- Our theology cannot be based on our circumstances or our situations.
What do we find in the Word?
- As we spend time in God’s Word, we get to know God, His nature and His character.
- We also get to know God through His son Jesus.
- Everything Jesus did was a direct reflection of the Father.
- What did Jesus do? He healed the sick! Jesus healed all that came to Him.
- What happened on the cross changed everything! It’s through Jesus receiving the stripes/beating, that we ourselves receive the healing. The healing you need has already been paid for!
So how do we know it’s God’s Will to heal?
- Because of His nature and character
- Because of His Word.
- Because it’s what Jesus did.
What role does faith play in healing?
- Without faith it’s impossible to please God.
- Faith is not necessary for healing, but it does play a role.
- Jesus can heal without faith. For example, Lazarus was dead and had no faith, yet he was resurrected.
- Faith is so important to the Father.
Is there ever a time when Jesus did not heal?
- Yes, Matthew 13 and Mark 6
- Jesus could not do many miracles due to their offense, unbelief and lack of faith.
- Unbelief and offense can hinder a miracle from taking place.
If you still don’t believe it’s God’s Will to heal then I think there are some further questions.
- What is your theology based on?
- If you believe it is God’s Will for you to be sick, you will forever remain in bondage to sickness.
- How do you have a relationship with someone who is abusive?
- If you believe it’s God’s Will for you to be sick, then why do you go to the doctor, take medications? Isn’t that going against the will of God?
- The theology that God wants someone to be sick will never make sense because we do not see that at all in scripture.
- You cannot ever have a relationship with someone who wants you to be sick.
If it God’s Will for people to be healed, then how come sometimes people don’t get healed?
- God’s will is for all people to go to Heaven, but sometimes people go to Hell.
- Just because someone doesn’t get healed and they pass away, does not mean that God did not want them to be healed.
- God’s Will doesn’t automatically happen.
- God already sent Jesus and He paid for the healing. It is our job to partner up with Him and receive the healing that Jesus paid for.
- Can you be okay with the mystery of not knowing?
- Even if you knew the answer, you knew the why, would that really change anything?
- We have to process our disappointments with the Lord.
- If you have become offended with God, take it up with Him.
- Matthew 11:6 – “Blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”
- Offense and disappointment, if not dealt with the right way will lead to unbelief.
“God’s heart is healing, health and wholeness.” – Caroline
“To say it’s not gods will for all to be healed because sometimes people don’t receive healing is like saying it’s not gods will for all to go to heaven because sometimes people don’t go to heaven.” – Caroline Harries
“Just because something does not happen does not mean God didn’t want it to.” – Caroline
“If healing is not God’s will, then all Jesus did was go around undoing the work of His Father.” – Jonathan Shuttlesworth
“To have a healthy theology around healing, you’re going to have to understand what Jesus did on the cross.” – Caroline
“The very healing that you are believing for and contending for today, happened at the cross.” – Caroline
“Healing is not something that we are begging God for; healing is something that Jesus already provided for.” – Caroline
“God’s Will is in His Word.” – Caroline
“We have to be Christians who live unoffendable.” – Caroline
“Offense and unbelief, if not dealt with the right way will lead to unbelief.” – Caroline
“The testimonies in us are a place of victory!” – Caroline
Other podcast episodes to listen to on healing:
27. Everything Doesn’t Always Happen For A Reason
28. God is Sovereign, Not in Control
64. An Interview with Chris Gore
127. Dawna De Silva // Inner Healing
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram: Instagram • Facebook
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook
Instagram • Facebook