148. Healing: Part 2 // Conversation With Colby
In Part 2 of the “Healing is God’s Will” series, my husband, Colby, joins the conversation. If you have ever wondered why there is sickness and disease, if it’s God’s Will that all people receive healing, why healing sometimes does not happen and MORE, then this is the episode for you!
John 8:32 “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Hosea 4:6 “my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.”
Joshua 1:8 “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.”
Acts 10:24 “Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism.”
2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
Psalm 115:16 “The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to mankind.”
Psalm 78:41 “Again and again they put God to the test; they vexed the Holy One of Israel.”
James 1:8 “Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.”
Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
- We have to know what God’s Word says about healing.
- When Jesus was being tempted, He quoted the Word and Satan left Him!
- In this world there are 2 voices. There is God’s Word and there is the voice of the enemy trying to corrupt the Word of God.
- We are responsible for studying God’s Word and planting it in our heart.
- God’s Word is a seed that produces a good harvest.
- When we study and really know God’s Word, we can detect counterfeits and lies from the enemy.
- Our theology is based on God’s Word. We have to meditate on it day and night.
Why is there sickness and disease?
- Sickness and disease is a result of sin which came about because of Satan.
- Sickness and disease is a curse from sin.
- The enemy came to kill steal and destroy, but Jesus came to bring abundant life.
- The enemy has already been defeated, but we can still give him power when we are deceived and believe lies.
Is it God’s Will to heal everyone?
- Yes and we can know that by knowing that God’s Word is God’s Will.
- God is not a respecter of persons. He does not show favoritism. What He does for one He will do for another.
- God is not in Heaven choosing who He will and will not heal; it was established at the cross!
God’s Will Doesn’t Automatically Happen
- God gave us free will. God is not controlling.
- God wants to allow us to choose to love Him.
- God’s heart and desire is that none will go to hell, yet people still go to hell.
- Love is a choice and that is the heart of the Father.
- The sovereignty of God means that he is first in order, first place and first in rank.
- God is in charge; He’s not in control.
Why Does Healing Not Happen?
- We have a role to play.
- In the Bible, there were times where Jesus did not heal because of the people’s doubt and unbelief.
- We have the ability to limit God through a lack of faith, unbelief, doubt and rebellion.
- God hates complainers and grumblers.
- The Bible says that if you are double minded (going back and forth between faith and unbelief) you will not receive.
- We have to be believers who expect to receive.
- We have to believe that God gives good gifts, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
- What you believe about God is important.
- There is a mystery. We don’t understand, but we continue to declare that God is good.
- Will you encounter Jesus as your healer?
“God’s Word is perfect incorruptible seed that we plant in our hearts.” – Colby Harries
“God’s Will doesn’t always automatically come to pass.” – Colby Harries
“Love is a choice and that is the heart of the Father.” – Caroline Harries
“God is in charge; He’s not in control.” – Colby Harries
“You will perish if you do not know God’s Word.” – Caroline Harries
“Good things are from God. Bad things are from the enemy.” – Caroline Harries
“We have the ability to limit God.” – Colby Harries
“God’s Word is more true than what is happening and what we can see.” – Colby Harries
“Our experience does not change God’s Word.” – Colby Harries
“What God’s Word says is true and it will have the final say over our circumstances.” – Caroline Harries
“God is good and we will trust His Word.” – Caroline Harries
Sermon from Bill Johnson