149. How to Receive Healing
Are you sick? Are you in pain? Have you received a poor diagnosis? If you aren’t sure how to pursue healing and wholeness, tune in to this episode where Caroline and Colby Harries share about how to partner up with the Father to receive healing.
Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.”
2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we live by faith, not by sight.”
Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Romans 10:17 “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”
Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Proverbs 18:21 “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
Matthew 12:34 “You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”
Psalm 103:2-3 “Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.”
Proverbs 17:22 “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.”
Proverbs 4:20-22 “My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.”
Malachi 3:18 “And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.”
Knowing God’s Word
- You will need to meditate on God’s Word and plant it deep in your heart.
- If you want healing, you have to be more aware of what God’s Word says than you are of your sickness.
- We are called to live from a heavenly perspective.
- We are called to walk by faith, not by what we see.
- We have to know what God’s Word says about healing.
- Great breakthrough will come when you start planting God’s Word in your heart.
Renewing Your Mind
- We renew our mind through the Word of God.
- We replace the world with the Word of God.
- You will be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
- Change the operating system. God’s operating system is more true and powerful than the world’s operating system.
How Do I Receive Healing?
- We do not receive healing by begging. Begging is not necessary because God has already established that healing is His Will.
- We ask for healing in Jesus’ name with the expectation that we will receive it.
- Saying “if it is God’s Will” is a statement of unbelief.
- The healing we are receiving has already been paid for and provided for.
The Power of Your Words
- The words you speak are a direct reflection of your heart.
- The words you speak are important.
- Stop saying “my sickness, my illness, etc.” It is not your identity; it is an attack.
- You need to speak the Word of God over your situation.
- Do not deny the situation but deny it’s right to exist in your life.
- Partner up with what God’s Word says over your life.
- In order to receive healing, we must repent and forgive others.
- Some people are walking in sickness because they are walking in unforgiveness.
- God forgave us, so we must forgive others.
- Communion renews our mind and reminds us that the blood of Jesus and His broken body that paid for the miracle you need in your body.
- If you are walking in sickness, take communion daily.
- A lot of people stay in sickness because sickness gets them a lot of attention.
- Make up your mind that you are going to get well.
- You will not get healthy if you are held in bondage to the lie that God wants you sick.
- Do not succumb to your sickness or disease. Decide to partner up with God.
- Your body will respond to what you believe.
- Not every illness is tied to something physical. Sometimes illnesses can be tied to a broken heart, unforgiveness, etc.
- Ask Holy Spirit to reveal the root cause of the sickness.
- Find testimonies to cling to!
- Testimonies show us that what God did for someone He can and will do it for you!
- What verses are you standing on? Choose 2 or 3 verses that you can declare over your situation.
- Speak life to your body. This demonstrates power and authority.
- Worship and pray.
- Take communion daily.
- Walk with believers who believe in healing. Community is important.
- Listen to sermons.
- Acting out in faith. You might not feel well, but act well.
“We cannot walk by what we see.” – Caroline Harries
“Let God’s Word be the number one thing you focus on above everything else.” – Caroline
“Great breakthrough will come when you start planting God’s Word in your heart.” – Caroline
“The healing we are receiving has already been paid for and provided for.” – Caroline
“If you want to be someone who walks in health, healing and wholeness you have to speak life over the situation.” – Caroline
“Every word that come out of your mouth is putting your heart on display.” – Caroline
“Healing is just as much a mental, emotional, spiritual journey as it is a physical journey.” – Caroline
“You will not get healthy if you are bound to the lie that God wants you sick.” – Caroline
“God wants divine health over every aspect of your life.” – Caroline
The Balance of Grace and Faith by Andrew Wommack
God Wants You Well series on Youtube
God Wants You Well by Andrew Wommack
How Deep are the Stripes by Bob Yandian
Walking in Supernatural Healing Power by Chris Gore
He Healed Them All by Barry Benett
God’s Creative Power for Healing pocketbook
The Essential Guide to Healing by Bill Johnson and Randy Clark
The Power of Communion by Beni Johnson
Visit Our Website for Show Notes:
Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram:
Instagram • Facebook
Follow Caroline on Instagram: