152. Amy Ford // Loving Women Through Unplanned Pregnancies
Amy Ford is the Co-Founder and President of Embrace Grace, a non-profit that inspires and equips the church to love on single and pregnant young women and their families. She is also the author of Help Her Be Brave as well other books. Amy speaks nationally to a varied audience including women’s ministry events, pro-life and adoption conferences, church leadership equipping and pregnancy center benefits.
Amy has been married for over 22 years to her high school sweetheart, Ryan, and has 4 children. The Ford family resides in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Tune in to this episode where Amy shares her story about how Embrace Grace got started and more.
Amy Ford Ford Podcast Notes
Revelation 12:11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.”
- Amy Ford lives in Dallas, Texas and has 4 kids.
- Amy Ford is the President and Cofounder of Embrace Grace which is a ministry that helps single and pregnant women connect with churches.
Embrace Grace Ministry
- Amy Ford had an unexpected pregnancy at the age of 19.
- Amy Ford planned to have an abortion but after going to the appointment, went home and decided not to abort her baby.
- Amy Ford and her husband got married when she was 16 weeks pregnant.
- Both Amy Ford and her son are now in ministry.
- Amy Ford started this ministry in hopes of making the church one of the first places a girl would go to instead of the last place to go to because of shame and guilt.
- Embrace Grace is a support system for women with unexpected pregnancies and they provide curriculum for the girls.
- The first group started in 2008 and grew quickly!
- Embrace Grace is now in 740 churches in all 50 states and 10 countries.
- Embrace Grace has 19 employees.
- Embrace Grace has about 9,000 leaders. Anyone can lead a group for Embrace Grace! The curriculum is all digital and you are given the facilitator questions and ice breakers so you can build relationships.
Forgiveness and Restoration
- Restoration is the heart of the Father.
- Inner Healing
Roe v. Wade
- Heartbeat bill was passed in Texas about 10 months ago.
- Pastors want to do more and help women, but they do not know how.
- Pro-life is a stance and a belief system, but pro-love is an action.
- Embrace Grace wants to serve women spiritually, emotionally, and practically.
- Embrace Grace helps to equip the church to help women.
How Can Someone Be a Part of the Pro-Life Movement?
- Book ‘Help Her Be Brave’ has many ideas on how to help.
- You can help a single mom by babysitting.
- You can help a single mom with her finances and budgeting.
- You can volunteer at a pregnancy crisis center.
- You can lead an Embrace Grace group or a single mom ministry group at your church.
- You can donate.
If You’ve Experienced an Abortion…
- The enemy tries to lie to us.
- God loves you; He sees you and He wants to start the process of healing your heart.
- Healing is always a process. Attend an abortion healing group.
“Spiritually and emotionally healthy moms have spiritually and emotionally healthy babies.” – Amy Ford
“We all have a grace story.” – Amy Ford
“The enemy wants to kill off a generation and he does it through infertility and abortion.” – Caroline
“There is something powerful when we operate in the opposite spirit.” – Caroline
“God put strengths and gifts inside each one of us in order to do the good works that He has called us to do.” – Amy Ford
“Pro-life is a stance and a belief system, but pro-love is an action.” – Amy Ford
“We want to make abortion unthinkable and unnecessary.” – Amy Ford
“You are strong and with God you got this!” – Amy Ford
“It’s God’s kindness that leads us to repentance.” – Amy Ford
Embrace Grace book by Liz Curtis Higgs
Help Her Be Brave: Discover Your Place in the Pro-Life Movement book by Amy Ford
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram: Instagram • Facebook
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook Instagram • Facebook