161. Rejoice in Suffering
Are you facing a trial? Have you found yourself in the middle of a difficult season? Your perspective regarding your season matters! Tune into this episode to receive encouragement that will help you rejoice, even in the middle of suffering.
James 1:2-5 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
Romans 5:3-5 “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”
1 Peter 1:6-7 “In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.”
James 1:12 “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.”
1 Peter 4:12-13 “Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.”
Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Consider it Pure Joy
- Have you considered the trials you are going through great joy?
- It is a command to consider our trials great joy.
- Considering it great joy brings you closer to the Lord.
- We will face trails.
- When we persevere, we become complete and mature – not lacking anything.
- If we want to be a mature Christian, we have to face trials.
- Perseverance leads to maturity.
- What if you approached trials with an excitement for what is available to you?
- We are blessed when we persevere through trials.
- We will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Hope does not disappoint us.
- Your hope that you put in Jesus Christ himself will not disappoint you.
- We do not put our hope in the outcome of what we are praying for, we must put our hope in Jesus.
- Jesus himself IS hope.
- What is your hope in?
- Trials can be wasted.
- Don’t go through a trial and let it be a waste.
- Don’t disregard scripture.
- Pursue the Lord during your trial.
- Let the Father refine you to look more like Him.
- Your trials will come to an end.
- Trials come to prove your faith.
- When you partner with God during your trials, your trials have purpose.
- There is power in the trial.
- In God’s presence is fullness of joy.
- Your trial is not what dictates the joy that is upon your life.
- Joy is just as much available to you on your best day and your worst day.
- The scripture commands us to live in joy even in the midst of the hardest season.
- Rejoice when you go through trials.
“If you are in a difficult season, joy is available to you.” – Caroline
“Perhaps the reason one could consider it great joy for being in a trial is because it brings them closer to the Lord.” – Caroline
“Going through the trial is what builds your faith.” – Caroline
“Hope will not disappoint you.” – Caroline
“If you want to be someone with refined character you’re going to have to go through hard seasons.” – Caroline
“Trials can be wasted.” – Caroline
“Your trial is not what dictates the joy that is upon your life.” – Caroline
“Your trial will not last forever; it will be for a little while.” – Caroline
“There is purpose in the trials you go through.” – Caroline
“There is power in the trial.” – Caroline
“There is power in steadfastness and perseverance.” – Caroline
“What if your trial was the very thing that brought you closer to the Lord?” – Caroline
“He is everything we need and more.” – Caroline
Fullness of Joy Episode