164. Prioritizing Jesus
Happy New Year! It’s a time when many are setting goals and resolutions… but is there anything more important than prioritizing the Lord? If you want to dedicate your life and your year to Jesus, tune into this episode as Caroline shares the importance of prioritizing Jesus!
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13
“And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40
“Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the first fruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.” Proverbs 3:9-10
“The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.” Psalm 34:10
“The Lord takes care of those who obey him.” Psalm 37:18 GNT
“Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 7:21
“You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” John 14:14
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” Malachi 3:10
- Scripture is full of principles.
- If we follow God’s principles, we will receive a reward.
- When you put God first, all other things will be given to you as well.
- When you prioritize the Lord, your life will look different than anyone else’s.
- When you put Jesus first, you are setting yourself apart.
- The Lord will bless you and take care of you.
A Good Father
- The Lord is looking for intimacy and a relationship with His sons and daughters.
- When we are obedient to the Father, He blesses us.
- God is not a genie. He does want to bless you, but he only blesses those who are prioritizing Him.
- God honors those who seek Him and give Him the first fruits in everything they do.
- When we seek the Father with our whole heart, we will find Him.
- Read God’s Word.
- You cannot know God if you do not know the Word of God.
- Some people who say they are Christians do not have a relationship with God and will one day hear Him say ‘I never knew you’.
- We prioritize God by communicating with Him through prayer.
- We prioritize God through our time and our finances.
- You will make time for what is a priority to you.
- How you spend your money shows what is a priority to you.
- God’s Word often talks about money.
- God asks us to give the first 10% because it shows that we trust Him and that we are prioritizing God with our finances.
- It matters how you spend your time and your money.
- We can prioritize God by taking a Sabbath to rest and by fasting.
- We can prioritize God through our relationships and families.
- God should be put first in every single aspect of life.
“When you prioritize the Lord, your life will look different than anyone else’s.” – Caroline Harries
“If you put Jesus first, your life will look different than those around you. The Lord will take care of you.” – Caroline Harries
“Asking God is predicated on trusting Him and seeking Him.” – Caroline Harries
“God is looking for laid down lovers who love Him, desire Him, pursue Him and seek Him.” – Caroline Harries
“If you want intimacy with Jesus, you have to read God’s Word.” – Caroline Harries
“God wants to have an encounter with you.” – Caroline Harries
“The Holy Spirit helps the Word come alive when we read it.” – Caroline Harries
“You are going to be forever in survival mode if you don’t read God’s Word.” – Caroline Harries
“Our time and our calendar speak to what is a priority in your life.” – Caroline Harries
“If you are going to lay down your life for Christ, everything you have belongs to Him.” – Caroline
“If you put Jesus first, you will absolutely see the fruit.” – Caroline