165. Don’t Get Sidetracked
Life is met with so many distractions that taint our focus and take our eyes off of God’s Will for our life. Yet, God gives us a command in scripture, “Don’t Get Sidetracked.” Tune into this episode to be reminded how important it is to stay laser focused on God’s Word and will no matter what season of life you are in.
“My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech. Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.” Proverbs 4:20-27, NLT
“Listen carefully, my dear child, to everything that I teach you, and pay attention to all that I have to say. Fill your thoughts with my words until they penetrate deep into your spirit. Then, as you unwrap my words, they will impart true life and radiant health into the very core of your being. So above all, guard the affections of your heart, for they affect all that you are. Pay attention to the welfare of your innermost being, for from there flows the wellspring of life. Avoid dishonest speech and pretentious words. Be free from using perverse words no matter what! Set your gaze on the path before you. With fixed purpose, looking straight ahead, ignore life’s distractions. Watch where you’re going! Stick to the path of truth, and the road will be safe and smooth before you. Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked for even a moment or take the detour that leads to darkness.”Proverbs 4:20-27 TPT
“As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.” But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:38-42
“But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water. “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Matthew 14:27-30
“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:7-9
Don’t Get Distracted
- The enemy wants to distract you.
- Seek the Lord and follow His guidance.
- Distractions taint our focus and take our eyes off of the target which is God’s Will for your life.
- Distractions prevent us from hitting the “bullseye” which is God’s perfect will for our life.
- We have to be aware that there are distractions in our life.
- Look straight ahead and mark out a straight path for your feet.
- Jesus is the bullseye; focus on Him.
- In order to stay focused, we have to pay attention to what God’s Word says.
- God gives us a safety net in His Word.
- God’s Word gives us the dos and don’ts that we should follow in life.
- God loves us so much and He wants the best for us!
- God promises that if we stick to His Word, He will give us a safe path!
- The enemy comes to distract you and his goal is to get you off course.
- We have been given authority over the enemy!
- Phones will be a distraction. (games, social media, youtube, etc.)
- It is important to put boundaries in place, so you do not get distracted from spending time with God.
- How do you schedule your time?
- TV (Netflix, etc.) can be a distraction in our lives.
- Commitments and busy schedules can cause us to get distracted and cause us to not have time to spend with God.
- Is your schedule pointing you to create space for the Lord? Or is it distracting you?
- People can be distractions.
- Who in your life is distracting you from God’s Will in your life?
- You will reap what you sow. How you spend your time matters.
- Your work will sidetrack and distract you.
- The storms and trials in your life can distract you.
- We stay focused by immersing ourselves in the Word of God.
- Guard your heart.
- Change your daily habits.
- Be aware of who you are hanging out with.
- Surround yourself with Godly friendship.
- Prioritize the Lord.
“One encounter with God will change everything for you.” – Caroline Harries
“You will not hit bullseye in your life if you do not know God’s Word.” – Caroline
“You cannot follow God’s Will if you do not know God’s Word.” – Caroline
“God’s Word brings healing.” – Caroline
“Compromise will lead you to evil.” – Caroline
“If you allow those everyday interruptions they will add up and they will cause you to get off course with Jesus.” – Caroline
“Our lives are about tiny little habits.” – Caroline
“You will become who you hang out with and who you listen to.” – Caroline
“The more you walk with Jesus, the easier it is to stay on track and follow His will.” – Caroline
“Every storm, trial, and hardship you face will either set you up to hit bullseye in the kingdom of heaven or if you allow it to, it will sidetrack you from God’s Will for your life.” – Caroline
“You cannot hit the target if you are controlling your life. You have to be a Christian who surrenders and submits.” – Caroline
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group