167. Jen Miskov // Fasting for Fire
Jennifer A. Miskov, Ph.D., is a Revival Historian, Author, Writing Coach, and Itinerant Minister who loves to lead people into life-changing encounters with Jesus and invite them to experience a fresh baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire. Jen regularly facilities Writing in the Glory Workshops around the globe to catalyze authors to write their first books. She has supported Bill Johnson in his Defining Moments book as well as has authored All Who Are Thirsty, Fasting for Fire, Walking on Water, Ignite Azusa,Writing in the Glory, Life on Wings, Spirit Flood, and Spirit to Gold.
Jen loves to lead people into a greater lifestyle of intimacy with Jesus through her writing, teaching, and ministry. She is the founding director School of Revival which is an online school to equip and raise up revivalists around the world. She has her own ministry called Jen Miskov Ministries. She also led a worshiping community called Destiny House from 2012-2019 and later taught at Vanguard University, The King’s University, and BSSM before diving full time into leading School of Revival. She currently lives in Anaheim, CA. She is ordained by Heidi Baker with Iris Global and received her Ph.D. in Global Pentecostal and Charismatic Studies from the University of Birmingham, U.K.
Tune in to this episode as Jen shares about fasting, going deeper with the Holy Spirit, intimacy with the Lord, the power of community and more.
Matthew 25:1-13“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’ “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut. “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’ “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’ “Therefore, keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
John 15:5 ““I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
Ephesians 3:20 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”
Romans 8:31-32 “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?”
- Jen lives in California.
- Jen grew up in a Christian home, but she deepened her relationship with God when she was in high school.
- Jen met Holy Spirit when she was studying in England.
Baptized in the Holy Spirit
- When we welcome Jesus into our hearts we are sealed with the Holy Spirit.
- We are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- Acts 2 Holy Spirit fell on people.
- What would it look like to ask to be baptized daily in the Holy Spirit?
- The first baptism in the Holy Spirit is an invitation to the limitless oceans of His presence.
- This is a step of faith that you are trusting and believing that the Lord will meet you and will fill you.
Practical Ways to Go Deeper with Holy Spirit
- Spend time fasting
- Spend time with the Lord
- Focus your affection on the face of Jesus and throw out anything that hinders
Prayer and Fasting
- Fasting is a heart posture.
- Spiritual fasting is saying no to food to say yes to more of Jesus.
- When you would eat, you instead spend time with the Lord.
- Breakthrough comes on the other side of fasting.
- If you have never fasted before, start with one day.
- Ask Holy Spirit what fasting should look like for you. The Holy Spirit will lead you.
- Don’t fast for breakthrough. Fast just to love Jesus and to know him more.
Intimacy with the Lord
- It’s important to have rhythms of run, rest, release.
- It’s okay to have busy seasons, but that’s not your life.
- Intimacy with Jesus can never be compromised. It has to be there not matter how busy we are in that season.
- We have to spend time in His presence.
- Boundaries are important.
The Power of Community
- The keys of our destiny are found in intimacy with God and interconnectedness with the body of Christ.
- We can’t get to the full measure of our destiny alone.
- We interdependence in the body of Christ to live in the fullness that God has for us.
- We were not made to do life alone.
Stewarding Prophetic Words
- Record your prophetic words. If you have dreams, write them down.
- Listen to your recordings often to encourage you.
- Write scriptures and prophetic words on index cards.
- Keep encouraging yourself in the Lord.
- Steward your testimonies.
- When the Lord gives you a word, steward it so you can prepare yourself until that word comes to pass.
- It is always important to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. When we have him, we have everything.
- Jesus is our hope.
- We don’t live for this world; we live for eternity.
- Soak in worship.
- Be in an atmosphere of God’s presence and love.
- Find community.
“There is an invitation to be completely saturated 24/7 in His presence.” – Jen Miskov
“Spiritual fasting is saying no to food to say yes to more of Jesus.” – Jen
“Fasting is a great pathway to greater intimacy with the Lord.” – Jen
“You can’t go off course or compromise if you have a rhythm of fasting weekly in your life.” – Jen
“God can do anything with someone who is yielded.” – Jen
“The mercy of the Lord is rich.” – Jen
“Jesus can use anyone who is willing to surrender and say yes.” – Caroline
“The keys of our destiny are found in intimacy with God and interconnectedness with the body of Christ.” – Jen
Fasting for Fire by Jen Miskov
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow A Cup Full of Hope on Facebook and Instagram: Instagram • Facebook
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook
Instagram • Facebook