- 169. Closing Doors to the Enemy
You would be frightened to return home to your house only to find out your doors were left open, giving the opportunity for anyone to access the things in your home, wouldn’t you? But, we do this all the time in the spiritual realm – we often leave doors to the enemy wide open and then wonder why we experience so much destruction.
Tune into this episode to learn practical steps to shut all the doors to the enemy so he no longer has any access in your life!
“If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” Genesis 4:7
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10
“and do not give the devil a foothold.” Ephesians 4:27
“But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” James 4:6
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free.” Luke 4:18
- Jesus died on the cross for us and He did it so we could experience righteousness, freedom, and healing.
- We all have things that prevent us from walking in the fullness of the inheritance available to us.
- Inner healing is the step that we can take so that all blockages, dirt and objects can be completely removed so we can walk in the fullness of what Jesus paid for.
- We must steward our hearts and pursue healing and freedom.
- Inner healing is getting your heart healed.
- Renouncing lies and breaking agreements is one aspect of inner healing.
Open Doors to the Enemy
- We are operating in the spiritual realm.
- We have to be more aware of the spirit realm than we are of the natural realm.
- How often do we open doors to the enemy and let him access our hearts and lives?
- The enemy comes in by invitation.
What Are Some Things That Will Invite the Enemy In?
- Sexual Sin
- Entertainment/People You Hang Out With
- Witchcraft (horoscopes, tarot cards, mediums, etc.)
- Generational Sin
- Word Curses
How Do We Close Doors to the Enemy?
- Make prayers and declarations.
- Identify what the open doors are.
- Renounce Lies/Open Doors
- Ask for forgiveness from God
- Forgive yourself
- Forgive anyone else who played a role in the open door.
“Inner healing is getting your heart healed.” – Caroline Harries
“There are things happening in our life that opens the door to the enemy and invites him in and gives him access.” – Caroline
“When you choose to walk in offense and unforgiveness, you are inviting the enemy in.” – Caroline
“Offense and unforgiveness are deadly.” – Caroline
“Trauma is one of the biggest doors to the enemy.” – Caroline
“Sin is an open door to the enemy.” – Caroline
“Freedom and healing are available to you. They are your inheritance.” – Caroline
“The enemy only has access and authority over our life when we give it to him.” Caroline