170. Reaping What You Sow
Many of us are familiar with the principle of sowing and reaping but are we aware of what God’s Word says about it? It’s important as Christians we pay attention to the seeds we sow because some seeds lead to a life of destruction and death. But others? They will lead to eternal life and spiritual fruit.
Whether you are familiar with what God’s Word says about the principle of sowing and reaping, make sure to tune into this episode to learn the importance of sowing seeds in the Spirit in order to reap a fruitful harvest!
“Whatever a man sows, he will reap in return. The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; but the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:7-9
“You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.” Galatians 5:13-26
“The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” 2 Corinthians 9:6
“For if you listen to the Word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself walk away and forget what you look like.” James 1:23
Sowing and Reaping
- This is a spiritual principle
- You will reap what you sow
- There is a process to reaping what you sow
- The seeds that you sow will reap a harvest in due time
- You are either sowing a seed in the flesh or sowing a seed in the spirit
Sowing Seeds in the Flesh
- Galatians 5:19 outlines what it is to sow seeds in the flesh.
- When you sow in the flesh you will reap destruction and you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Sowing seeds in the flesh is opening a door to the enemy and making an agreement with the demonic realm.
- If you have sown seeds in the flesh, repent and turn back to God!
Sowing Seeds in the Spirit
- When we sow in the Spirit, we reap the fruits of the spirit listed in Galatians 5:22
- We have to plant the seeds that will produce the fruit.
- We cannot expect to produce the fruits of the spirit if we are sowing seeds in the flesh.
- We are responsible for the harvest we produce.
- The best seed we can ever plant is God’s Word.
- The harvest you reap is not dependent on your circumstances; it is based on the seeds you are planting
- If you want to reap a harvest of the fruits of the spirit, you will have to sow seeds in the spirit.
- ‘Do not grow weary in well doing, you will reap a harvest if you do not give up.’ Galatians 6:9
“When you begin to plant seeds that line up with God’s Word you will reap abundant fruit.” Caroline Harries
“We are given a choice. We can sow seeds in the flesh, or we can sow seeds in the spirit.” – Caroline
“Joy and peace are the fruit of the seeds that we sow.” – Caroline
“It is obvious what seeds you are sowing by the way you are operating in life.” Caroline Harries
“We are responsible for the harvest we produce.” Caroline Harries
“The best seed we can ever plant is God’s Word.” Caroline
“We are not supposed to operate by what we can see; we operate in the unseen realm.” – Caroline
“The seeds that you sow, will dictate the harvest that you produce.” – Caroline
“Are the seeds you have been planting lining up with the harvest you are expecting to reap?” – Caroline