180. Forgiving Yourself
In last week’s episode the importance of forgiving others and God was addressed, but have you ever considered how important it is to forgive yourself? Tune in to this episode and learn practical steps of how to forgive yourself — whether it be the poor decisions you made, speaking negatively over your life, or anything else the Holy Spirit highlights throughout the episode.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 “Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.”
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So, you must honor God with your body.”
2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
1 John 4:17 “This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.”
1 Corinthians 6:17 “But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.”
Body, Soul and Spirit
- We are all created with a body, soul and spirit.
- The soul consists of the mind, will and emotions.
- This old nature has been completely changed. It’s not in the process of becoming new; it’s already as pure and perfect as Jesus.
- When you accept Jesus your body and soul stay the same, but you get a completely new spirit.
- The body, soul and spirit are all connected.
- Example – stress affects physical body – open door to trauma
- Body is a vessel – car is a vessel
- Just like we take care of our car, we need to take care of our body.
- Your body is a temple. Therefore, we must honor God with our bodies.
- Are you treating your body as the temple where the Holy Spirit resides?
- Restricting eating calories/excessive working out, partying, flaunting my body, embarrassed by my own body, overeating, speaking death over my own body, etc.
- It’s important to forgive yourself and speak blessing and life over yourself!
- Our body is where the holy spirit resides!
- We must break free from the bondage of self-harm and self-hatred.
- Have you forgiven yourself?
How Do I Forgive Myself?
- Ask Holy Spirit – would you reveal any lie I’m about my body
- Ask the Father – will you forgive me for the lie I was believing about my body?
- Ask for forgiveness from God for how you have dishonored the temple He has given you.
- Take time to process with the Lord.
- Spend time everyday blessing your body.
- Say these following statements out loud:
I am sorry for dishonoring you.
I am sorry for any way I have mistreated you.
I am sorry for any way I have abused you.
I am sorry for speaking negatively about you.
I am sorry for thinking negatively about you
I am sorry for speaking negatively to you.
I am sorry for neglecting you.
I am sorry for not taking care of you.
I am sorry for being embarrassed by you.
I am sorry for any trauma you have endured.
I bless you
I am loved
I am strong
I am beautiful
I am healed and healthy
I am fruitful and fertile
I am fearfully and wonderfully made
I am created to carry children to full term
I am a temple of the Holy Spirit
“Jesus deserves the full reward of His suffering.” – Caroline
“Our body is a place for the Holy Spirit to reside.” – Caroline
“We must be believers that bless our bodies, love our bodies and speak life over our bodies.” – Caroline
“There will be freedom and healing on the other side of this.” – Caroline
“Jesus paid a high price so that you could be set free.” – Caroline
“The body, soul and spirit are all connected. They are all intertwined.” – Caroline
“Our bodies are a temple for the Holy Spirit, bought by a very high price.” – Caroline
Social Media Giveaway!
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group