189. Libby Gordon // Encountering God’s Love
Hebrews 2:1 “We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.”
Psalm 103:2 “Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.”
2 Corinthians 5:17 “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
James 1:2 “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.”
Matthew 6:33 “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.”
2 Corinthians 12:9 “But he answered me, “My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.”
- Libby is married to Richard Gordon who was also on A Cup Full of Hope Podcast.
- Libby was born in the USA, but she moved to South Africa when she was 7 and lived there until she was in her 20s.
- Libby and Richard have 2 children and they currently live in Redding, California.
- She is the associate overseer of the Bethel school of Supernatural ministry.
- Libby was not raised in a Christian home. Her family was Catholic.
- When Libby was 13, she went to youth group with her friend.
- The Holy Spirit was the first expression of God that Libby met.
- Libby had a radical encounter with God and the Holy Spirit at the age of 13 at a youth event.
The Unconditional Love of God
- It’s common to think that God’s love is conditional to our actions (did I pray enough, etc.) but it is a lie from the enemy.
- The enemy will try to tempt us to think we are alone in our shameful thoughts/feelings over ourselves.
- There is no temperamental exchange with God.
- Invite God in. Share your thoughts and feelings with Him.
- When we give our lives to the Lord, He makes us a new creation.
- God has renewed us in our inner most being.
- We are created for God to be in relationship with Him.
- The root of shame was dealt with on the cross.
- Go to the Word of God and renew your mind and spirit of the truth of God’s love.
- Do a word study on the love of God.
Navigating Discouragement, Depression and Defeat
- Feel the majesty, ‘bigness’ and gift of God’s leadership. Shift your perspective.
- Sometimes nothing is wrong except for the fact that you are not in Heaven yet, you’re on Earth.
- Sometimes we can equate our circumstances to our identity in God.
- When you gave your life to Jesus, you surrender your rights to be the chief leader of your life. Your life is not your own anymore.
- Your life is part of a bigger story, and we know the end of the story – Jesus wins!
- The situation, anxiety, heartbreak, loss, etc. does not hinge on you getting yourself out – it all hinges on Jesus and Jesus wins every time!
Seeking God from a Place of Rest
- Surrender to the season and embrace what God is doing in you and through you during this new season.
- Find your dependency in Jesus.
- God is writing your story. He is the author and finisher.
- Depend on God and depend on God in other people.
“Everything God has, He’s giving to me freely.” – Libby
“God is God. If He says it, He can do it.” – Libby
“The highest privilege and responsibility we have as believers is proportional to our dependency on Jesus.” – Libby
“The best place I can be is dependent on God.” – Libby
“Sometimes we can equate our circumstances to our identity in God.” – Libby
“The only thing that has gotten me out of depression is knowing my life belongs to someone else and this is Jesus’ – not mine.” – Libby
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group