192. Amie Stockstill // Using Your Voice for the Lord
John 12:49 “I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it.”
John 4:29 “Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?”
2 Corinthians 12:10 “That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
Matthew 26:41 “Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!”
Psalm 16:11 “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.”
Proverbs 11:25 “The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.”
- Amie grew up Southern Baptist.
- She grew up knowing Jesus, but she began an actual relationship with Jesus when she was in her 20s.
- Amie got filled with the Holy Spirit when she was 21 at a youth group retreat.
- Amie was very confused at first about praying in tongues, being slain in the spirit, etc. God told Amie “Just because you don’t understand doesn’t mean that it’s not me.”
- When Amie and her husband got married, he encouraged her told her “You are a minister. Where I minister, you will minister.”
- Amie’s husband helped to train her in ministry.
- Amie and her husband do ministry together.
- Amie now has a ministry called Echo which gives support to women who have a call to preach.
Women in Ministry
- Look at the life of Jesus. How did he interact with women?
- The first person to evangelize was the woman at the well.
- The first person to tell of the resurrected Christ was Mary.
- If we have any doubt about women being in ministry, we need to sit down and have a one-on-one conversation with Jesus.
Using Your Voice
- You don’t have to be in ministry to minister.
- Jesus gathered people and discipled them and told them to go and do the same.
- We are called to do what Jesus did!
- Gather 2 or 3 of your coworkers, other moms, people in your community, etc.
- Gather people in your home and teach them what you know about Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit will give you the strategy and will give you the tools you need.
- Don’t let the lies of the enemy creep in. Use what you have!
- Don’t wait until you feel like you have a voice to start speaking.
- Trials make people either run away from God and run to the things of the world, or trials make people run to the Lord.
- Surround yourself with spirit-filled community
- There is a temptation to lay in bed, binge trash tv, etc. Get yourself up and do something that feeds your soul.
- Prayer and reading your Bible feeds your spirit.
- Do something that makes your soul come alive.
- Try new things.
- There is a purpose and a task that the Lord has called you to.
- Never compare your pain and suffering to anyone.
- You can focus on the pain, or you can focus on the purpose.
- Pursuing purpose is the one thing that can restore our hope, joy and peace.
- There is purpose in the pain.
- Process it all with the Lord.
- When you start serving other people, hope and joy will spring forth in you!
“Faith goes beyond logic and you mind is not going to understand most things that are supernatural.” – Amie
“The future of ministry belongs to the gatherers.” – Amie
“Gather people in your home and teach them what you know about Jesus.” – Amie
“All you have to offer people is Jesus.” – Amie
“Use what you have, and God will be faithful to give you more.” – Amie
“You have to step into what God has called you to do and not sit on the sidelines and wait.” – Amie
“It’s about the journey of becoming.” – Amie
“There is no comparison in our pain, but everybody has pain, and everybody has purpose.” – Amie
Social Media – letsecho.co
Website – www.letsecho.co
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group