194. Positioning Yourself For Breakthrough // 8 Steps to Wait Well
Have you been in a waiting season? Are you believing God’s Word to come to pass in your life? Waiting and trusting God is not passive, but active. Tune into this episode as Caroline shares 8 practical things you can do to position yourself for breakthrough and wait well!
Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Acts 16:25-26 “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed.”
Psalm 100:4 “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him and bless his name.”
Revelation 19:10 “And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
- Our wait should never be passive.
- The word ‘wait’ in Hebrew means ‘to entwine ourselves with the Lord.’
- We don’t just sit around doing nothing.
- Waiting is not striving, working hard or performing.
- We should not do things to get God’s attention.
- Your wait should not be wasted. It should be purposeful.
- It is a gift to seek the Lord in your waiting season.
How Can We Position Ourselves for Breakthrough?
1 – Standing on God’s Word
- There must be something in Scripture that we are standing on.
- We meditate on God’s Word.
- God’s Word is our lifeline.
- The number one thing we should be doing in our waiting season is standing on God’s Word.
2 – Declare Life
- Speak out God’s Word
- Declare life as you wait.
- Your words have the ability to create life or death
- What comes out of your mouth matters!
- Make decrees and declarations. Do not whine and complain.
3 – Pray with Authority
- You must pray with authority.
- Declare the Word of God
- Pray as though it is already finished.
- Do not ever beg God – thank Him that it is already done.
4 – Worship
- Worship your way through your wait.
- It is a privilege to worship God through your wait and your hardships.
- Worship leads to breakthrough.
- We must be men and women who worship through our wait.
- Worship God on your best days and on your worst days.
5 – Show Gratitude
- We should be the most thankful people.
- We should thanking the Father daily.
- Your wait should be full of thanksgiving.
- Displaying gratitude ministers to the heart of the Father
- Gratitude shifts our focus off of our problems and onto the Father.
- Enter His presence with praise and thanksgiving.
6 – Surround Yourself with a Hope-Filled Community
- You cannot wait well all by yourself.
- The community you surround yourself with matters.
- The authority you submit yourself to matters.
- You need to get in alignment with people who will come into agreement with you.
- Your community needs to be hope-filled.
7 – Take Communion
- Taking communion renews your mind.
- The blood of Jesus speaks a better word.
- It helps bring alignment to your spirit.
8 – Cling to Testimonies
- The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
- You testimony is a prophetic word in someone else’s life.
- One of the most powerful things you can do in your waiting season is to cling to someone else’s testimony.
- It increases your faith.
- It gives you something tangible to hold on to.
- What God did for them, He will do for you!
“Our waiting seasons should never be passive.” – Caroline Harries
“It should be a delight to wait actively and position ourselves for a breakthrough.” – Caroline
“It is a privilege to worship the Father through pain.” – Caroline
“The Father delights when His people turn back to Him.” – Caroline
“The number one thing we should be doing in our waiting season is standing on God’s Word.” – Caroline
“There is no greater thing to say or pray than God’s Word.” – Caroline
“If your relationship with the Father is just dependent on your receiving things, there is a whole other issue there.” – Caroline
“Your wait should be full of thanksgiving.” – Caroline
“There are things we do in our waiting season that stops our breakthrough from coming to pass and one of those things is complaining.” – Caroline
“One of the most powerful things you can do in your waiting season is to cling to someone else’s testimony.” – Caroline
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group