200. Receive Jesus and Holy Spirit
“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
“If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved … For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:9-10,13
“Here’s the truth: It’s to your advantage that I go away, for if I don’t go away the Divine Encourager will not be released to you. But after I depart, I will send him to you.” John 26:7
”But Jesus instructed them, “Don’t leave Jerusalem, but wait here until you receive the gift I told you about, the gift the Father has promised.” Acts 1:4
“But I promise you this—the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and you will be filled with power. And you will be my messengers to Jerusalem throughout Judea, the distant provinces —even to the remotest places on earth!” Acts 1:8
“The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed but wants everyone to repent.” 2 Peter 3:9
““There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.” John 16:12-13
Jesus and Holy Spirit
- We cannot go to Heaven without Jesus.
- It will be a very hard journey in life if you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit.
- There is no decision more important than receiving Jesus as your Savior.
- We are all born sinners.
- The Bible says ALL have sinned.
- The wages of sin is death. That means sinners will go to hell for eternal punishment.
- Eternal life is a GIFT. We receive this gift through Jesus.
- God demonstrated His love for us while we were still sinners.
- God loved us so much that He sent His only son to die for us.
- God’s love for us is indescribable.
- Eternal life is a FREE GIFT, but we have to receive it. God is not controlling, and He has given us free will to decide if we want to receive this gift.
- To receive this gift of salvation, you must confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe it in your heart.
- To receive Jesus, say this prayer:
Dear Jesus thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Thank you that what you did at the cross means I get to be reconnected to the Father. Thank you that when you died you didn’t stay dead but you rose again and because of that we have victory in our life. Thank you that you connected my heart to the Father’s, that how I get to walk in friendship with God. Thank you, Jesus, for dying on the cross. Come into my life. I give you my heart. I give you my life. I say that I am yours. I give you my yes, Jesus. Amen
Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit has been sent to be with each of those who have accepted Him.
- John 14, 15 and 16
- The book of Acts is where we see the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The Father promised to send the Holy Spirit to us and this promise is a gift.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit deposits POWER in you.
- The same power that raised Jesus from the dead is now in you!
- The Holy Spirit is the one who fills us with all power and all authority.
- We get to live in victory because of the Holy Spirit.
- We receive the Holy Spirit when we receive Jesus, but getting activated by the Holy Spirit is a separate thing.
- The Holy Spirit is in you, but He needs to be activated.
- To be activated and baptized in the Holy Spirit, say this prayer:
Father, I recognize my need for your power to live. I ask you now, fill me with your Holy Spirit. By faith, I receive your Holy Spirit now. Thank you for baptizing me. Holy Spirit, you are welcome in my life. Amen.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- 1 Corinthians 12, 13 and 14 outline the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- There are 9 total gifts.
- Some of the gifts are faith, prophecy, speaking in tongues, etc.
- What if you accessed everyone of those gifts by receiving in faith?
“Eternal life is a gift given to you through Jesus Christ.” – Caroline
“Jesus dying on the cross is a display of how much God loves you.” – Caroline
“Your salvation is a love gift given to you.” – Caroline
“God’s heart is that everyone should receive the free gift of eternal life.” – Caroline
“Not only is Jesus a gift, but the Holy Spirit is a gift too.” – Caroline
“The baptism of the Holy Spirit gives you power and authority to live a victory filled life.” – Caroline
“The Holy Spirit is the one who fills us with all power and all authority.” – Caroline Harries
Saying Yes to Jesus Episode 11
Baptized in the Holy Spirit Episode 14
The Gifts the Holy Spirit Gives Us Episode 15
Receiving the Best Gift Episode 16
Jessica’s Story Episode 2
Caroline’s Story Episode 3