203. Giving God Our First
As we look forward to a New Year, let’s dedicate it to the Lord! Tune into this episode to learn what scripture says about putting God first, hear practical ways you can do so and receive encouragement to dedicate your year to the Lord.
“In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.” Proverbs 3:6 TLB
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
“Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your increase.” Proverbs 3:9
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33 NIV
Giving God Our First
- We are starting out our year by giving God our first.
- In everything you do, put God first.
- Give God the first fruits of your money and finances.
- Give God the first fruits of your time and activities.
- What do you need to give God first?
- Ask Holy Spirit to highlight the areas where you have put other things before God.
- Repent for not putting God first in those areas.
Practical Ways to Put God First
- Start your day with reading God’s Word, prayer and worship.
- Tithing – give God the first fruits of your finances.
- Rededicate things to God (your marriage, children, home, business, etc.)
- Fasting – meaning abstaining from eating food.
- Recognize the areas that has been consuming too much of your time and gotten you off course.
- Take an inventory of what is distracting you from giving God the first in every area of your life and take a step back from those things.
“There is no confusion in scripture as to what order God should be and what order God should be.” – Caroline
“True repentance looks like changing the way that you operate.” – Caroline
“With true repentance, there must be change.” – Caroline
“In order to put God first, we need to remove any idols that we have in our life.” – Caroline
“If you want to see all of God’s desires be fulfilled in your life then you have to put Him first.” – Caroline
“When you give God the first fruits, you will experience His blessing.” – Caroline
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group