206. Walk By Faith
Scripture tells us to walk by faith, not by sight. But what does that mean exactly? In this episode, Caroline sheds light on the definition of faith and its foundation in all our lives. Learn practical tips on how to walk by faith and be encouraged to keep your focus on Christ, even when faced with difficult circumstances.
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”
Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Hebrews 11:11 “And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise.”
Romans 4:16-25 “So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe. That is what the Scriptures mean when God told him, “I have made you the father of many nations.” This happened because Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing. Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb. Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous. And when God counted him as righteous, it wasn’t just for Abraham’s benefit. It was recorded for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God.”
Romans 10:17 “So faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.”
Romans 12:2 “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we walk by faith, not by sight”
Hosea 4:6 “My people are being destroyed because they don’t know me. Since you priests refuse to know me, I refuse to recognize you as my priests. Since you have forgotten the laws of your God, I will forget to bless your children.”
Renewing Your Mind
- We must shift our mindsets.
- We must recognize lies from the enemy.
- We renew our mind through the Word of God.
- As you renew your mind with the Word of God, your faith will increase!
What is Faith?
- Faith is the absolute dependence on God and the Word of God.
- Faith is a complete trust in that God is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do.
- Faith is being fully convinced, fully confident, fully surrendered and fully persuaded in God’s Word.
- Faith is the confidence of what we hope for and an assurance about the very things we cannot see.
- Faith is being immersed in the Word of God.
- Faith is being fully convinced that every scripture in God’s Word will come to pass over your life.
- Faith is a gift.
- Faith moves mountains.
- Faith witnesses to people.
Walking By Faith
- We are called to walk by faith.
- In order to walk by faith, you will need the power of the Holy Spirit.
- If we want to bring pleasure to God, we must walk by faith.
- Scripture tells us we cannot walk by sight or our human nature, we must walk by faith.
- Without faith, it is impossible to please God.
- God rewards faith.
- Faith is only required when you cannot see whatever it is that you are confidently hoping and waiting for.
- Abraham and Sarah did not waver in their faith believing for a child. They were fully convinced that God was able to do what God had promised, and God rewarded their faith.
- Faith doesn’t just impact the people who are walking by faith, it affects those around them. Abraham and Sarah’s faith impacted generations.
Practical Ways to Walk by Faith
- Spend time in God’s Word.
- Renew your mind with the Word of God.
- Talk ahold of the promises of God and declare them over your life.
- Don’t wait until you get bad news, walk by faith today!
- You are the only one in control of the decision to walk by faith or walk by sight.
“We are called to walk by faith.” – Caroline Harries
“If you want to live a life of radical obedience and walk by the Spirit of God one key is walking and living by faith.” – Caroline
“If you can see something, then you don’t need faith for it.” – Caroline
“If you want to walk by faith, you have to immerse yourself in the Word of God.” – Caroline
“If you want to have radical, crazy faith, you’re going to have to immerse yourself in the truth of God’s Word.” – Caroline
“You cannot walk by faith if you don’t know the Word of God.” – Caroline Harries
Monthly Partners – www.acupfullofhopepodcast.com
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group