208. Jessica Satterfield // Life After Infertility
Jessica Satterfield has been wrecked by the love of a beautiful Father. She has known the intimacy of Papa God in the midst of the heartbreak of abuse, infertility, and child loss. Because she’s known Him in the fellowship of His sufferings, she’s also known Him in the power of His resurrection. She writes on her popular blog, Grace While We Wait, and is the author of, Partnering With Heaven, her first book. She is the founder of a ministry called The Garden, which connects women on the broken road to motherhood to the Healer. Wife to her life-crush, Brandon, and mama to four (one who now lives with Jesus) through the miracle of adoption and a miracle in her womb. Her days aren’t busy, but rather, full, the very best kind.
Tune into this episode as Jessica shares her story of life after receiving her long-awaited promise of babies. Prepare your heart to be encouraged and inspired as Jessica addresses how to wait well while in barren lands.
Genesis 50:20 “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.”
Psalm 18:30 “God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.”
Psalm 18:19 “He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.”
- Jessica lives in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Jessica and her husband faced 10 years of infertility.
- During that time, they adopted 3 children – Selah, Micah, and Zion.
- In May 2020 their son Zion passed away.
- Jessica had stage 4 endometriosis and had to have multiple surgeries.
- In January 2021 Jessica did a cycle of IVF and got pregnant with her daughter Aida.
- When Aida was 8 months old, Jessica got naturally pregnant with Eden.
- Jessica was also completely healed from endometriosis!
- Surrender is a heart posture.
- Walking in surrender is giving up your ideas of what you think the miracle should look like.
- Surrender your expectations of how you want God to do the miracle.
- Lay down your thoughts of what you think your life should look like.
- Trust that God is faithful and good.
- Your story is not about you.
- Surrender is not a one-time thing; we must continuously walk in a posture of surrender.
- Surrender is not giving up the desire, it’s giving up the control.
To the Ones Still Waiting….
- Read the Word everyday and keep it inside of your heart.
- Lean into the prophetic word of God. Hold on to those promises!
- Choose to believe that God will fulfill His promises. He will do what He said He will do!
- Hold on to testimonies.
- Don’t put your life on hold to wait for the promise to be fulfilled.
- Suffering is the sacrifice of praise.
- The purest form of worship that we can ever offer God is when we praise Him before we have seen our promises fulfilled.
- There’s treasure in God’s heart that you can only access in this season.
- See the waiting season as an opportunity instead of seeing it like you are being put on hold.
Life After Receiving the Promise
- It is still a surrender.
- The level of dependency on God is still very much the same.
- You take the Promise Land little by little and there are still battles you have to face walking in the Promise Land.
- We live in a fallen world and life is still hard after receiving the promise.
- Motherhood will not heal you.
- Women who are waiting for a pregnancy or a baby to heal them, are setting up their children for massive disfunction and massive trauma.
- There is a grace in saying that motherhood is hard after infertility.
- You’re moving from one hard thing to another hard thing.
- If your hope is in a baby, you will be disappointed.
“Walking in surrender is giving up your ideas of what you think the miracle should look like.” – Jessica
“God never heals our body without healing our heart.” – Jessica
“Infertility gave me the deepest places of the Father’s heart.” – Jessica
“Women who are waiting for a pregnancy or a baby to heal them, are setting up their children for massive disfunction and massive trauma.” – Jessica
“When we put a baby before God, we’ve made an idol out of it.” – Caroline
“How you choose to steward your waiting season will have lasting effects in eternity.” – Jessica
Instagram/Facebook/Blog – @gracewhilewewait
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group