90. Breaking Free From Religion
Do you feel like you have to prove yourself to God? Do you feel like you have to perform or strive to earn His love? Are you exhausted from always feeling like you have to do good? Religion will leave you feeling exhausted and will forever prevent you from walking in intimacy in the Father. Tune in to this episode as I invite you to break free from religion!
Romans 8:15 “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by Him we cry, ‘Abba, Father’.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so no one can boast.”
Romans 8:1 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”
Galatians 4:7 “So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are His child. God has made you also an heir.”
John 8:32 “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Many are walking around with the fear that they will never be good enough
- The enemy loves religion; it’s a trap!
- Jesus died for us so we could be free from all bondage, all works, and all religious spirits.
- Religion is a formula. If you do a,b,c….then God will make x,y,z happen
- Caroline shares a vision of people taking off the religious clothes they’ve been wearing and as they do that Jesus has a box which inside contains the gift of being in relationship with Him.
- Caroline shares her testimony of being bound to religion and striving for God to give her and Colby children.
- Caroline became completely freed from that mindset in 2013.
- Caroline and her husband carry so much hope, joy and peace because of their relationship with Jesus
- It is not by works that we receive blessings, it is by His grace. You don’t have to earn it and you don’t have to prove yourself – it’s a gift!
Religion or Relationship – How do I know?
- Are you feeling condemned if you don’t volunteer, if you make a poor decision, if you don’t spend time with the Lord, etc?
- Condemnation vs. Conviction. Condemnation makes you feel like the worst person ever. Conviction brings you closer to the Lord.
- Are you doing things out of duty? Or are you doing them out of delight?
- When you are in a relationship, you make it a priority not because you have to, but because you want to.
How Do I Move from Religion to Relationship?
- Pray that those chains of religion would be removed
- Tell God that you want to encounter those facets of Him that you have not yet encountered.
- You will feel like a new person when you are freed from a religious spirit and religious duty.
“Any religious spirit is very destructive to having an intimate relationship with Jesus.” – Caroline
“Jesus died for us so we could be free from all bondage, all works, and all religious spirits.” – Caroline
“Religion brings condemnation. Relationship brings conviction.” – Caroline
“Condemnation makes you feel like the worst person ever. Conviction brings you closer to the Lord. “– Caroline
“When you are in love with Jesus, you will take delight in the fact that you are not of this world. That you are set apart and your life as a believer will look different.” – Caroline
“You cannot be walking in religion and be free.” – Caroline
Join the VIP Facebook Group: