96. Haley Braun // Empowered by the Holy Spirit
Hayley Braun is an Associate Overseer of BSSM Online. Originally from South Africa, she now lives in Redding, California. She has a passion to see the people of God walk in true freedom, living a life liberated by the gospel and in connection with one another. She has a passion for developing leaders and does so at Bethel. She and her husband have three children. Tune into this episode as Hayley shares about being empowered by the Holy Spirit. Haley addresses what true surrender looks like, abiding in the Lord, raising children in a spirit-filled home, hope and MORE!
John 16:14-15 “He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
John 14:25-27 “All this I have spoked while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
Matthew 5:5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.”
2 Corinthians 4:7 “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”
Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.”
Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves; He will take great delight in you; in his love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”
- Hayley is from South Africa but has lived in Redding for 13 years.
- Hayley works at Bethel Church in Redding, California.
Hayley’s Childhood and Testimony
- Hayley grew up in a Christian home. She gave her life to Jesus when she was 3 years old.
- Hayley’s testimony is walking with God from a young age and never walking away.
- Hayley had the gift of prophecy since she was a child, but she fully stepped into her gift of prophecy was she was an adult.
- Hayley leads a school called Supernatural Ministry.
- Hayley was apprehended by the Holy Spirit in January 2020 and she experienced the full power and presence of God moving through her body.
Holy Spirit Hunger
- We move in the pace of production, but God moves in the pace of abiding.
- Religion that’s manmade makes sense to man, but God breathed Christianity and God is no man.
- There’s parts of God that require us to change the pace and outlook of our lives in order to gain the way that He sees.
- There’s a continual transformation that’s happening in us by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- There’s no sustainable transformation with our own hands.
- God is not looking for impressive, he’s looking for a yielded surrendered heart.
- God is not looking for us to produce. He is looking for us to abide and through our abiding He will produce.
- Surrendering is a heart posture.
- We should not be living for identity, but rather in identity.
- When I am living in an abiding surrendered life, the nine fruits of the spirit will naturally come out of me.
- We are designed to produce the fruits of the spirit when we are being nourished by the spirit.
- I am no longer scared of bad fruit, but rather I allow that fruit to be an indicator of my need for God and my need for connection.
- Surrender is a continual, humble process that states “I in myself cannot produce fruit of the spirit, but with spirit of God I can.”
Raising Children in a Spirit Filled Home
- The goal of communication is connection.
- I never want to correct my child so that someone thinks I’m a good parent.
- I don’t want to externally modify my children’s behavior, but with the help of the Holy Spirit and listening to His voice, get to the heart issue and learn how to shape them.
- Create a space where my children want to talk to me and not hide from me.
- Parenting with God means that we have to be brave and we have to be willing to try things.
- Hope is general, but it always leads to faith which is specific.
- Hope is what we carry before we walk into a circumstance and hope is connected to what the cross and resurrection means to us as believers.
- Living with an eternal perspective is very important to carrying hope.
- My hope is not on an outcome, my hope is in victory, who is Jesus, is always in my midst.
- Hope is living connected to the truth of the cross and the resurrection.
- Hope is a daily thing.
- Hope is the joyful expectation for good.
- When my mind is filled with hope, faith comes easily when those circumstances arise.
“Our dependence on God is vital to walking out a supernatural ministry.” – Hayley
“The power of the gospel is the Holy Spirit. Even Jesus walked empowered by the Holy Spirit.” – Hayley
“The Holy Spirit is the presence of Jesus available to us.” – Hayley
“We move in the pace of production, but God moves in the pace of abiding.” – Hayley
“God is not looking for impressive, he’s looking for a yielded surrendered heart.” – Hayley
“God is not looking for us to produce. He is looking for us to abide and through our abiding He will provide.” – Hayley
“It’s by God’s mercy that we surrender and it’s by His mercy that we receive.” – Hayley
“When I am living in an abiding surrendered life, the nine fruits of the spirit will naturally come out of me.” – Hayley
“As we lay down the production mindset, we gain the joy of connection.” – Hayley
“The whole purpose of Jesus coming was to reconnect us to the Father.” – Hayley
“The cross made everything in God available to us.” – Hayley
“If you attach faith to a fruit it will produce fruit.” – Hayley
“Your feelings are valuable, but it is an indicator, not an anchor.” – Hayley
“When I start to feel overwhelmed or anxious, I stop and ask myself when is the last time I looked at God and looked at the word?” – Hayley
“We don’t want an experience, we want a covenant.” – Hayley
“Experience is a seed, but covenant is good soil.” – Hayley
“Jesus isn’t looking for big, He is looking for willing.” – Hayley
“God uses little people who are willing to squeak out a yes.” – Hayley
“My hope is not on an outcome, my hope is in victory, who is Jesus, is always in my midst. “- Hayley
Favorite Translation – NASB, The Passion Translation
HaylesBraun – Instagram