141. Spiritual Warfare
Are you aware of the battle going on in the spiritual realm? There is an enemy whose goal is to devour and destroy you. To live in victory as a Christian you need to be aware of what God’s Word says on the topic of spiritual warfare so that you do not succumb to the enemy’s attacks against you. Tune into this episode as Caroline shares scriptures on the topic of spiritual warfare as well as teaches how to fight the enemy using the authority given to you by Jesus.
2 Corinthians 4:18 “As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”
John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
1 Peter 5:8-9 “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.”
James 1:22 “But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.”
1 John 3:8 “The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work”
- We have to find the middle ground.
- We can’t give the enemy all of our attention, but we also can’t pretend like there is no enemy.
- We have to sit in the tension of both: the devil has been defeated, and yet there is a devil and spiritual warfare.
- We cannot ignore the devil, but we cannot give him all of our attention.
Realms of the Kingdom
- There are two realms of the kingdom: the natural realm and the spirit realm.
- We are called to live in the spirit realm.
- The Spiritual realm is more real than the natural realm.
- We are spirit beings in a body.
- We are called to live by faith, not by what we see.
- There is a lot of angelic and demonic activity in the spirit realm.
- Be alert.
Resisting the Devil
- The enemy has been defeated!
- We are in a battle, but we are standing in a place of victory.
- The only authority the enemy has is the authority we given him.
- When we sin, we give the enemy access or an open door.
- What are some things that will invite the enemy in? Disobedience, anger, rebellion, unforgiveness, false religion, occult involvement, generational curses and word curses
- Anytime we go against God’s Word, we are opening doors to the enemy.
- The enemy’s main game is deception. His goal is to get you offended.
- We have to be alert and stand our ground.
- We are held accountable to the decisions that we make.
- If you have opened a door to the enemy then repent!
- God has given us authority over the enemy.
- We need to learn how to pray effectively.
- We do not ask God to resist the devil for us, we take authority and resist him ourselves.
- We are part of God’s law enforcement team.
- We have all of the weapons and tools we need.
- When the enemy attacks us, we have the authority to tell him to flee.
- When sickness tries to attack us, we have the authority to command that sickness to bow its name to the name of Jesus.
- When fear tries to overtake your mind, you can tell the spirit of fear that it has no place and instead declare that you have been given a spirit of power, love and a sound mind.
- Victory belongs to you!
The Armor of God
- Belt of Truth – Word of God
- Breastplate of Righteousness – every Christian has been given the righteousness of Christ.
- Feet Fitted with the Gospel of Peace – Peace is Jesus Christ, and it is your inheritance.
- Shield of Faith – Faith will be your shield when the enemy attacks.
- Helmet of Salvation – The hope that we have in Jesus.
- Sword of the Spirit – We worship God in both spirit and in truth. We have to have the Holy Spirit.
How do we fight against the enemy?
- Put on the full armor of God.
- With the Word of God
- With Worship
- With Prayer using Authority
- Be intentional about how your spend your time.
- Be intentional about who you spend your time with.
“We’re not going to give the devil all of our attention, but we are also not going to pretend like he doesn’t exist.” – Caroline
“The spiritual realm is more real than the natural realm.” – Caroline
“We cannot live by what we see.” – Caroline
“There is an enemy who is out to destroy your life.” – Caroline
“If you pretend that the enemy does not exist, your life will be torn to shreds.” – Caroline
“We are in a battle, but we are standing in a place of victory.” – Caroline
“The only authority the enemy has is the authority we given him.” – Caroline
“If you want authority over the enemy, you are going to have to live differently.” – Caroline
“The only access the enemy has in your life is the access that you give him.” – Caroline
“If our hearts aren’t healed, it is an open door to the enemy to have access.” – Caroline
“Many things in your life that you have blamed God for, is actually the enemy’s fault.” – Caroline
“Many things you have blamed the enemy for, is actually your fault.” – Caroline
“God has equipped you with every tool and every weapon that you need to defeat the enemy.” – Caroline
“We will never be able to operate from a place of victory without God’s Word.” – Caroline
“We have to be men and women who are filled with both the spirit and the Word of God.” – Caroline
“Worship is how we fight our battles.” – Caroline