115. Richard Gordon
Daniel 11:32 Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong and carry out great exploits.”
Acts 10:34 “Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism.”
Ephesians 1:3 “Praise be to the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.”
Revelation 12:11 “And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.”
Psalms 24:9 “Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter.”
Proverbs 16:24 “Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”
Proverbs 18:21 “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
- Richard grew up in South Africa. He now lives in Redding, California and works as a pastor at Bethel Church.
- Richard leads the Bethel School of Technology and he is on the leadership team for the School of Supernatural Ministry.
- Richard did not grow up in a Christian home. The first time he went to church was when he was 17 years old.
- God revealed His presence to Richard before Richard began pursuing God.
- Richard now introduces the spirit of God to people who don’t believe it is for them.
- Richard had a miraculous encounter with the Holy Spirit.
- While studying to get his master’s degree, God gave him a dream that gave him the cornerstone for his dissertation and eventually became a well-known book.
How to Have a Radical Encounter with God
- You can speak to God and He will speak back.
- God uses weak people to fulfill the most powerful things.
- God is no respecter of persons. What He does for someone else, He can do for you.
- God doesn’t use perfect people.
- This radical relationship isn’t for the select few, it’s for everyone.
Ushering in the Presence and Glory of God
- The Holy Spirit spoke to Richard and told him that He is going to fulfill dreams in people over 40.
- A deposit of glory birthed something that sent Richard around the world working with Google and different technology companies.
- When someone is encountering God, we should celebrate.
- The manifested presence of Jesus is the glory of God.
- Revival is sustained through the telling of testimonies.
Why is Honor Important?
- If charismatic Christianity doesn’t work outside of charismatic church meetings, we are playing games.
- Finances and time are the currency of the earth; faith and honor are the currency of Heaven.
- Honor is for you. If you honor a prophet, you receive a prophet’s reward.
- Become the most honoring person in the room, not for everyone else, but for you.
- The best gift you can have is the receiving gift because if you can receive you can have everything. The way you receive is through honor.
Practical Ways to Honor Others
- Honor has to be a belief system before it becomes an action.
- Open your heart, increase your love and value for that person and come under their authority so that you carry authority.
- All belief systems then produce actions.
- When we open up our heart and point it to that person it opens a gate in the supernatural. Then what is on her life flows to you.
- Start Glory gossiping.
- We don’t do all of these things in front of people to show off, we do it because we know what’s happening in the spirit.
- Honor becomes a lifestyle.
- Reward comes out of a prophet when you honor them.
- You have the ability to bring the best out of your spouse, boss, kids, etc by the way you honor them.
- If you believe in someone or love someone – tell them.
How to Respond to Dishonor
- Every relationship starts in excitement. At some point there will be disappointment. Then there is a decision that has to be made. Am I going to disconnect? Or am I going to reconnect through honor or confrontation?
- God is always after connection, except when there is abuse. In that situation disconnection is always the best option.
- If someone is showing dishonor to you, they must be going through something. How can you love them?
- Pursue connection
- Often times it’s not you, it’s them. If it is you, the people who know you best will tell you in a loving manner.
“Wherever the presence of God is, that’s where I am.” – Richard
“The way that God reveals Himself to you, often is the way He wants to reveal Himself through you.” – Richard
“The Gospel is the most intentional story ever written.” – Richard
“When we look at people and start to think ‘they are chosen, I’m not’ then you will create a distance from the very thing that your spirit is longing for.” – Richard
“The Gospel is not about powerful people, it’s about a powerful God.” – Richard
“The manifested presence of Jesus is the glory of God.” – Richard
“When we share testimonies, the power of an overcoming God just fills the room.” – Richard
“When we share testimonies, we are not just telling stories. We are releasing the power of the blood.” – Richard
“Finances and time are the currency of earth; faith and honor are the currency of Heaven.” – Richard
“If you do actions without a belief system, they will carry no power.” – Richard
“You have the ability through your honor to have everyone around you be the best them.” – Richard
“When Jesus was around people, greatness came out of them.” – Richard
“Your words of kindness could heal someone and could anoint someone.” – Richard
“Everyone loves me and everyone is for me, because Jesus loves me, and Jesus is for me. If someone does not love me and is not for me, there is something up with them.” – Richard
“Great leaders don’t communicate, they connect.” – Richard
“Trust is the most expensive thing in the world and you can’t buy it.” – Richard
Join the VIP Facebook Group: Facebook Group
Follow Caroline on Instagram and Facebook