122. Breaking the Spirit of Intimidation
Is fear preventing you from fulfilling the calling on your life? Have you been forced to do something you don’t want to do? Have you been intimidated by ministry leaders, friends or coworkers? The enemy often uses the spirit of intimidation to hold God’s sons and daughters in bondage to timidity and fear. Tune into this episode as Caroline shares the story of David and Goliath and encourages you to break the spirit of intimidation that is upon your life.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.”
John 10:27 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”
Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
Colossians 3:2 “Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.”
1 Samuel 17:22-24 “David left his things with the keeper of supplies, ran to the battle lines and asked his brothers how they were. As he was talking with them, Goliath, the Philistine champion from Gath, stepped out from his lines and shouted his usual defiance, and David heard it. Whenever the Israelites saw the man, they all fled from him in great fear.”
1 Samuel 17:26 “Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of the living God?”
1 Samuel 17:33 “Saul replied, “You are not able to go out against this Philistine and fight him; you are only a young man, and he has been a warrior from his youth.”
1 Samuel 17:34-37 “But David said to Saul, “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.” Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you.”
1 Samuel 17:45-50 “David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.” As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell face down on the ground. So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand, he struck down the Philistine and killed him. David ran and stood over him. He took hold of the Philistine’s sword and drew it from the sheath. After he killed him, he cut off his head with the sword
- Definition – to make timid or fearful, frighten especially in order to make someone do what you want.
- Timid = showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened.
- Spirit of intimidation happens when the enemy makes some sort of action through someone to make someone else feel timid or fearful and leads them to do something they don’t want to do.
- Intimidation is a spirit, not just a feeling.
Where Have You Seen the Spirit of Intimidation?
- Perhaps people at your church have threatened you or have used their position of authority to make you submit to them in an unhealthy way.
- Perhaps church leaders have told you “if you don’t volunteer, you will go to hell.”
- The spirit of intimidation happens when people in leadership or authority use legalism to frighten you into to doing what you don’t want to do.
- The virus has brought about a spirit of intimidation.
- The spirit of intimidation is being used to threaten employees on the consequences of what is going to happen if they don’t receive the vaccine.
What is the Goliath in Your Life?
- The story of David and Goliath can be found in 1 Samuel 17
- We have to recognize the Goliaths in our life.
- The giants in our life are big, they are loud, and they feel scary.
- The spirit of intimidation will make some people flee out of fear.
- It is important to recall testimonies and remember the times in your life when God was faithful.
- David made a decision that he wasn’t going to partner up with the spirit of fear and intimidation. Instead, he was willing to take authority and defeat the giant with God’s power.
- Jesus wants to give you strategies and tools from Heaven to help you defeat the giants in your life.
Spirit of Intimidation
- Causes you to make decisions out of fear
- Holds you back
- Prevents you from stepping into your destiny
- Causes you to miss out on all God has for you.
“Anytime intimidation is used to gain control over another, it is wrong.” – Caroline
“The spirit of intimidation is manipulative, and it is controlling.” – Caroline
“When someone is intimidated, they are made fearful.” – Caroline
“Intimidation, fear, control; none of these things are from God.” – Caroline
“The enemy has used the spirit of intimidation to scare, terrify and frighten people and he has done that through this virus.” – Caroline
“The spirit of intimidation is a harassing spirit, and it frightens you in such a way that it makes you do something that you don’t want to do.” – Caroline
“Any time you make a decision out of fear, that is not God’s will for you.” – Caroline
“Any time someone threatens, manipulatives or coerces you, that is a spirit of intimidation.” – Caroline
“If you do not recognize that there is a demonic spirit of intimidation that is on your life, you will never step into your full destiny. You will forever miss out on all God has for you.” – Caroline
“The spirit of intimidation keeps people in bondage and keeps them from fulfilling the call on their life.” – Caroline
“We cannot let the giants, spirit of intimidation, in our life defy our living God.” – Caroline
“The spirit of intimidation brainwashes you in such a way that you completely lose sight of your identity and your authority in the kingdom of God.” – Caroline
“When we recall testimonies, it allows our spirit to catch up to the faithfulness of God.” – Caroline
“If you want to overcome the spirit of intimidation, you are going to have to live by the spirit of God.” – Caroline
GIVEAWAY! Share this episode on social media (Facebook or Instagram) to be entered to win a copy of the book In Due Time by Caroline Harries
You can also use the code acupfullofhopepodcast20 to get 20% off at www.in-due-time.com