150. Healing: Part 4 // Q&A
You asked questions about the topic of healing and in this episode Colby and I answer them. Tune in today to hear the final episode of our healing series.
Luke 8:10 “Later his disciples came to Jesus and asked him privately what deeper meaning was found in this parable. He said, “You have been given a teachable heart to perceive the secret, hidden mysteries of God’s kingdom realm. But to those who don’t have a listening heart, my words are merely stories. Even though they have eyes, they are blind to the true meaning of what I say, and even though they listen, they won’t receive full revelation.”
Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
2 Corinthians 6:1 “As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.”
Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.”
John 4:24 “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
Isaiah 43:2 “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
I need a healing that isn’t medically possible. How do I know when to stop praying?
- If your hope is in medicine, I would stop praying.
- Nothing is impossible with God.
- God’s the same yesterday today and forever – Hebrews 13:8
- If you think God’s word is merely just stories your heart is hard.
- Rest in the finished work of Christ while actively contending for a miracle. We have to do both.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you into either more rest or actively contending.
- We play a role.
- It is good to remind yourself and God when you pray for your miracle. Bring your strong case before God in prayer.
- We have to be aware of what is going on in our hearts. We have to make sure our hearts are surrendered to the Lord.
- Why are you doing the things you are doing? Are you wanting to stop praying because you are disappointed?
- When do you stop praying? You don’t! You ask, seek and knock.
- Your miracle cannot be the only thing your prayers are focused on.
- Pray for other people who are believing for the same thing you are praying for. Ask God what is on His heart. Take time to focus on others.
Why does healing sometimes happen in a minute and sometimes it’s a long process?
- When healing takes longer, it speaks to our maturity and shows that God is doing something deeper in us while we wait and contend for healing.
- God works in the process of the wait.
- What is going to “come out” of you when the wait is long? Do you have the grit to continue to contend for the miracle?
If healing is God’s Will, why don’t we see more miracles and healings?
- The leadership and authority you submit to matters.
- God’s Will doesn’t automatically happen. God works and operates through people.
- People are the issue when healing doesn’t happen.
- You need to surround yourself with believers who are contending for healing and miracles.
- You cannot do this without the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
Would this be considered name it and claim it?
- The word of faith movement has to do with our part and walking in faith. The name it and claim it movement is like a ‘get rich quick’ scenario.
- Scriptures says ask and you shall receive.
- Take God at His Word and use it as your greatest weapon.
- The Bible tells us to call things forth.
- There is nothing more powerful than speaking out the Word of God.
How do we know when to use medication and when not to?
- Medication is a blessing. We don’t put our hope in it, but we use it.
- Medication is for temporary use.
- We use medication while it is needed with the expectation that we will get off of it and no longer need it because we will be healed.
- It comes down to Holy Spirit wisdom.
- What works for one person will not work for another.
- Seek the Lord for wisdom.
If someone doesn’t get healed, what would you tell them?
- Grieve with them and support them.
- We are here to partner our faith with each other.
How do you sit in the middle of receiving healing and seeing the manifestation?
- Have an expectation that you are healed and act on that expectation.
- The power of imagination.
- Take steps of faith during the wait.
- Faith looks like something.
- You will walk through seasons during the wait (resting in the finished work of Christ and declaring and contending, etc.)
- Be in communion with God.
- Your words will dictate what you believe. Speak life!
“When things are impossible in the medical community, those things are still possible with God.” – Caroline
“Watch the medical community say it is impossible and then see what our God does!” – Caroline
“We have to be aware of what is going on in our hearts.” – Caroline
“The leadership and authority you submit to matters.” – Caroline
“If you are not seeing miracles and healings, find a new community.” – Caroline
“Is there anything more powerful than declaring the Word of God out of your lips?” – Caroline
“What comes out of your mouth matters.” – Caroline
“If you have faith for something, you should be in full expectation that it will come to pass.” – Caroline
“Your words will dictate what you believe.” – Caroline